Talk

Advanced search

Long sleeved everyday dresses for little girls . . .

(31 Posts)
Waswondering Sun 20-Sep-09 20:02:42

Dd - 3- was last year deeply suspicious of anything without 2 legs and a waistband!

This season she is very into skirts and dresses (so cute!) but I am struggling to find any very-everyday long sleeve dresses that she can wear to the park or nursery etc - I'm not talking about stuff for "good", but just stuff that she can wear through the autumn and winter, probably with tights.

I've looked in Primark, Tesco (had one - brown with pink sleeves and matching tights, which was nice but I didn't love it but may go back) and Sainsbury's. Saw a lovely knitted one on here the other night, from M&S but not investigated.

Has anyone seen anything that fits this bill? Would rather also that it cost £ instead of £££! grin

Thanks . . .

MarthaFarquhar Sun 20-Sep-09 20:04:46

Asda had some great knitted dresses the other day - likethis from Boden but a tenner.

angrypixie Sun 20-Sep-09 20:06:08

next

angrypixie Sun 20-Sep-09 20:07:23

Very jealous, I love the dress and tights combo. DD now 6 and doesn't do 'cute' and guessing my 2 DS would feel daft in tights grin

emkana Sun 20-Sep-09 20:08:44

h & m is usually a good bet

EsmeWeatherwax Sun 20-Sep-09 20:09:58

Matalan do very lovely dresses, cheap enough for everyday use, I've got quite a few things for dd1 from there this year.

angrypixie Sun 20-Sep-09 20:10:31

George at Asda here

Quite cute and cheap enough to ruin in the park.

Lilyloo Sun 20-Sep-09 20:11:09

this
this
knitted
nice with leggings

Waswondering Sun 20-Sep-09 20:26:10

Thanks - had forgotten Asda (don't go there!) and Matalan but both def worth a look.

Like Next too - thanks for all of those! smile

used2bthin Sun 20-Sep-09 20:53:23

Woolworths online had a pack of two for £16 they are lovely. I got them for my DD who is also three. Would link but am shattered from her birthday party and need to get to bed!

PCPlumIsMyHomeboy Sun 20-Sep-09 21:02:41

Dd has had these for last 3 years. They wash like a dream, and you get a tenner of if you buy 2 - plus they don't charge for p&p

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/detailfash.php?type=FASH&code=A8526&proddesc=Classic+Striped+Dresses&superca tegory=BRN00004&branch=&wcategory=CAT00033&catdesc=Favourite+Girls%27+Basics&super=0020BRN00004~0010 BRN00010~0050CAT00033&treecode=TRE00009

LetThemEatCake Sun 20-Sep-09 21:04:07

yes, was having same dilemma last week - dd(3) has also just reached the stage of eschewing jeans & tops

Found myself in Asda the other day after ds(1) had poo disaster of epic proportions forcing me to wheel him down the hill from the Brora clearance sale dressed in nothing but a disposable nappy and Thomas Tank wellies (earning me the contempt of all the Sloane-y bugaboo pushing horsey types) to re-outfit him in George. While there, picked up one of those knitted dresses as linked to by Martha, as well as two dress/leggings sets - also very Bodenesque: think navy & white polka dot leggings with red l/s dress over top with appliqued navy/white polka dot flower motif - £8 the set!!!

also had a blitz on ebay and bought her loads of Next, Gap, Vertabaudet & Zara, spending no more than £45 in the process (inc P&P)

She looks adorable and is ever so chuffed with her new wardrobe

GirlsAreLOud Sun 20-Sep-09 21:05:53

Gap had some lush ones. Bit pricey but they've got 30% off next weekend.

Kirstieallsoppsalterego Sun 20-Sep-09 21:06:47

Boden. They seem expensive, but you will so enjoy looking at your DD in them that you'll soon forget the expense. grin They are also very well made and have withstood my DD's rough treatment of them.

Jojo Maman Bebe ones are nice, too - last for ages and are warm and cuddly.

Lilyloo Sun 20-Sep-09 21:09:12

PCPlum that dress is cute!!
Does everyone find knitted dresses wash ok , i always seem to ruin them and they looses their shape ?

Elk Sun 20-Sep-09 21:13:35

I have found John Lewis quite good for simple long sleeved dresses.

Horton Sun 20-Sep-09 21:16:19

Next have lovely bright red needlecord long sleeved dresses at the moment. They're loose enough to wear a T shirt or long-sleeved top underneath for extra warmth if needed, too.

tassisssss Mon 21-Sep-09 14:17:49

Love sleeved girls dresses are the way to go!

Horton, I love that red next cord one.

I adore the long sleeved boden ones with cord bottoms but they're silly money so after lusting after them for ages it's now ebay all the way.

The knitted ones don't keep there appearance brillantly which is an issue for me as I like to get 2years for each daughter out of dresses!

This one is worth a look here

Tidey Mon 21-Sep-09 14:19:58

I can never find long sleeved dresses for DD, she wears a lot of pianfore dresses with long sleeved top under them though.

Tidey Mon 21-Sep-09 14:20:22

That should be 'pinafore', clearly.

Lilyloo Mon 21-Sep-09 14:21:18

Just got dd2 a lovely knitted dress from asda!!

YouMoFo Mon 21-Sep-09 14:31:59

I get a lot of wear out of dd's dresses by buying short sleeved. In the winter I put a long sleeved top underneath and a cardi over the top. Tights or leggings underneath in winter. Means she can wear them all year round.

I agree, Asda do some lovely bits for everyday wear - I find Sainsburys and Tesco a bit meh

Waswondering Mon 21-Sep-09 19:12:46

Thanks all.

Prefer the idea of a long sleeved dress as it's only one thing to put on her (ie don't have to find clean matching t shirt etc)

Tassis - agree, that's lovely.

Some great links here - much appreciated!

mrswoolf Mon 21-Sep-09 19:35:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Waswondering Mon 21-Sep-09 21:04:04

THanks Mrswoolf - got to say though, I'm not loving the current Boden selection. I haven't seen any of the type you describe - do they have them this season?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now