Talk

Advanced search

So, I am hanging up my clothes and I don't think I could get anything else in my wardrobe.

(18 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 20-Sep-09 18:39:44

I have stuff I am bored with, stuff that doesn't fit, boring stuff, some cheap stuff I bought after Ds2 was born and when I was breast feeding so didn't want to spend a lot as I hoped I would lose the weight. He is 4 now and I am stuck at 1.5 stone heavier than before conceiving him.

I want to have a wardrobe which is just clothes that I like and that suit me and fit but can't bare the waste of money if I just get rid..

pasturesnew Sun 20-Sep-09 18:41:11

E-bay?

CybilLiberty Sun 20-Sep-09 18:44:07

Fab I have spent the day sorting out everything. trying on, getting depressed (have a fat pile I can't fit into) BUT I WILL.

Even though my wardrobe is now half the size, it's good to see stuff that I can actually wear hanging up rather than sifting through for bits that I can shoe horn myself into.

Mimi1977 Sun 20-Sep-09 18:44:23

As long as you are staring at them you will feel bad - bad for being heavier, bad if you throw them out. Take it from me - once you have got rid (ebay great idea) you won't give them a second thought. Then you may be a bit heavier but if you get some lovely clothes that fit you well and you feel good in you won't stress so much.

inzidoodle Sun 20-Sep-09 18:44:43

...ME grin

CybilLiberty Sun 20-Sep-09 18:44:48

You will feel miles better getting rid. You've already spent/wasted the money, it's gone. The clothes mean nothing.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 20-Sep-09 18:46:52

INZIDOODLE - Do you want some clothes or are you just saying me as you have the same situation?

One shirt fits me, dh likes it and it suits me but it reminds me of an unhappy day and I have worn it only once since.

inzidoodle Sun 20-Sep-09 18:49:11

FabBakerGirlIsBack I was politelfuly offering to unload your burden!!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 20-Sep-09 18:53:21

you are welcome

size?

inzidoodle Sun 20-Sep-09 18:55:38

OOH how exciting grin grin size 12...I lost 6 stone this year so am seriously lacking in the clothes front... I put all my size 22/20/18/16/14 to charity!!!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 20-Sep-09 18:58:56

I might have some stuff,

Remind me as I have a busy week ahead - and are full of cold and having an early night tonight - but you are are welcome to them.

And well done on the amazing weight loss.

inzidoodle Sun 20-Sep-09 19:01:48

FabBakerGirlIsBack - thank you, thats very kind smile please dont feel obliged though and if you decide to do ebay let me know and I will look at bidding from you smile

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 20-Sep-09 19:08:09

I am def not doing ebay. Too scarey for me.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 20-Sep-09 19:13:19

Fab I could have written that post. Only difference is that I've ordered myself a few new things so that I've actually got some things to wear that I feel nice in.

I need to have a proper clear out and ditch a lot!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 20-Sep-09 19:27:03

Maybe we should have a close swap party on line? grin.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 22-Sep-09 09:41:17

inzidoodle - I have sorted out my wardrobe. Can I CAT you to say what I have in case you fancy anything? No obligation at all.

inzidoodle Tue 22-Sep-09 12:47:36

FabBakerGirlIsBack Hi thanks for looking for me smile I dont think I have the CAT facility. my email is nezi at btinternet dot com.....what size are you....I think I may still have some trousers that never went to the charity shop smile

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 22-Sep-09 13:12:04

Emailed you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now