Talk

Advanced search

Pencil pleating on a dress. Wouldn't you just expect it to be permanent?

(8 Posts)
MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 20-Sep-09 16:58:19

ie, would you expect to have to iron in all the little pleats again after you washed it?

I had a dress with had a panel of really thin pleats all down the front (sounds weird but was ok really) I hand washed it, as per instructions, and they've all come out.

AIBU to complain?

bishboschone Sun 20-Sep-09 17:28:20

no what shop is it from?

Flamesparrow Sun 20-Sep-09 18:14:32

tends to depend on the fabric ime

cookielove Sun 20-Sep-09 18:20:53

i would never own such things but after watching my mother i know she has to re iron pleats and folds in, by the fabric does naturally fall to the posistion that she irons

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 20-Sep-09 19:31:19

From M&S.

Think the fabric is polyester / acetate mix.

It's a lovely lightweight summer dress, which I've worn twice, washed once, and now you can't tell it had pleats at all.

I did think about ironing it but it would be a nightmare. And frankly, from M&S I expect better.

cookielove Sun 20-Sep-09 20:50:46

this is why i couldn't own something like that, i have no iron

inveteratenamechanger Sun 20-Sep-09 20:52:29

I would def take it back. It would be impossible (for me at least) to iron pleats like that back in.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 20-Sep-09 21:17:55

Hmm.

that's the thing, see.

I took it back today and they insisted there wasn't a problem. I thought I'd check here that I wasn't going mad before I try phoning their customer services.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now