Talk

Advanced search

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. Is it any good?

(24 Posts)
girlsnightout Sun 20-Sep-09 09:53:32

Have just ordered a trial size, anybody using it and does it live up to the hype?

jenk1 Sun 20-Sep-09 09:55:06

YES!!! grin

ive been using it for years,have stopped numerous times and used other makes but have always gone back to it,its well worth the money.

HTH

bamboobutton Sun 20-Sep-09 09:55:38

i'd save your money and buy a flannel and some oil of olay.

those thigs are a con, it's the posh cloth that does all the work.

girlsnightout Sun 20-Sep-09 09:59:59

thanks jenk1, what difference has it made to your skin, if you don't mind me asking!?

CybilLiberty Sun 20-Sep-09 10:06:02

I found it too creamy and 'cocoa buttery' for me. I have found any cleanser removed throughly with a flannel makes such a difference to my skin

PestoLovelyMonster Sun 20-Sep-09 10:09:16

It's totally brilliant. I had grotty skin before I started using it (and I had tried heaps of different regimes, believe me!).

jenk1 Sun 20-Sep-09 10:09:38

it feels and looks better,when im using it,b ive tried countless others and the just using the flannel and i go back to her cleanse and polish every time, it makes my skin feel quite soft as well.

bamboobutton Sun 20-Sep-09 10:12:06

honestly, i trained in beauty therapy, i know about this stuff.

save your cash.

all you need is a good cleanser and a decent flannel to exfoliate your skin.

girlsnightout Sun 20-Sep-09 10:15:06

Thanks jenk1, I'm currently using Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser along with a muslin cloth which I'm not unhappy with but fancied a change and will be interested to see if there is any difference between the two products.

macherie Sun 20-Sep-09 10:29:44

I used cleanse and polish and liked it, but when it ran out I couldn't get to the shop that sold it and bought an olay wash off cleanser which I used with the cloth and it was just as good.

I agree with bamboo, it's the exfoliating with the cloth that makes the difference rather than the cleanser itself.

Bucharest Sun 20-Sep-09 10:32:46

There was a thread on here a while back about some cheapo brand (poss Tesco??) which is virtually the same as the Liz Earle wozzit but costs about £3.

purplepeony Sun 20-Sep-09 12:55:45

I agree that it's the cloth that helps- I have used loads of cleansers from Clinique and REN ( which I love) to currently L'Oreal for mature skin, which is about £2.99 a bottle.

Most cleansers, from a formulation point of view are the same- they all contain oils etc to dissolve make up.

I get great results from a cheap cleanser- have used a Boots own one that was £1 a bottle and that was fine too- then I "exfoliate" by taking 2-3 cotton wool pads and removing all cleanser with them, soaking some of them in warm water.

Save your money for a good moisturiser and sun block etc. As long as the cleanser gets the muck and make up off, it really cannot perform miracles.

girlsnightout Sun 20-Sep-09 13:46:30

Thank you all you wise Mumsnetters! Having endured and still enduring years of grotty skin, I'm always on the lookout for some miracle cure, but as you quite rightly say purplepeony nothing is going to perform miracles, although I don't want to give up hope!!

purplepeony Sun 20-Sep-09 13:56:51

I think there is a lot to be said for "beauty from within"- if you change your diet and eat really well, cutting out all the junk and refined stuff it can help your skin a lot.

If you get spots it is worth asking your GP to refer you to a dermatologist for an opinion/treatment.

girlsnightout Sun 20-Sep-09 14:12:15

Been there and done it! Eat reasonably healthy, seen a dermatologist, drink 2 litres of water each day and have taken antibiotics! What more do I have to do?!!!! Paper bag maybe!

Lilymaid Sun 20-Sep-09 14:20:10

I've used Cleanse & Polish for a couple of years and people have complimented me on my skin quite a lot since I started to use it. No doubt there are other products that would do a similar job but I'm happy to stick with Liz Earle.
Despite what it may say in the instructions you only need a pea sized amount to clean your face (not the one to two pumps worth suggested) so the cost for me is only a couple of 100ml pump bottles per year.

purplepeony Sun 20-Sep-09 15:48:24

so what treatment did the dermo give you and did it not work?

echofalls Sun 20-Sep-09 15:52:16

I have used the cleanse and polish in the past and really liked it. I now use whatever cleanser is cheap and use a facecloth to take it all off.

LadyMidnightMT Sun 20-Sep-09 15:52:50

I've been quite prone to spots and combination skin but what I started using Ultrabland from Lush - taking off with a warm muslin cloth - have barely had a spot in 3 years! It's really cheap too. No cocoa butter or mineral oils which I think is the trick.

LadyMidnightMT Sun 20-Sep-09 15:53:43

Ultrabland did peform miricles for me!

PurlyQueen Sun 20-Sep-09 15:55:55

I agree with Bamboobutton. Castor oil used with a muslin cloth will achieve the same results as Liz Earlie.

bran Sun 20-Sep-09 16:15:49

I used to use Liz Earle and then someone on MN recommended Akamuti Sweet Orange cleanser which I use with the Liz Earle muslin/facecloth method. The Liz Earle was good, but the Akamuti cleanser works better for my sensitive, dry, flakey skin.

girlsnightout Sun 20-Sep-09 16:20:50

Hi Purplepeony, went to see dermo about 10 years ago, gave me something that was really foul smelling called Zineryt. Unfortunatley have suffered with bad skin since my teens, which to be honest with you never really bothered me, thought it was just a phase but am now fast approaching 39, so as you can imagine am now rather fed up with it all. Ironically the best my skin has ever been was when I was pregnant! Sorry if there are typos in this but am multi taking and cooking Sunday dinner at the same time!

ADifferentMe Sun 20-Sep-09 19:48:52

Girlsnightout, sounds like we have the same skin. I'm now 47 and it's only cleared up in the past couple of years. Liz Earle cleanser has worked wonders for me, though I'm not keen on the moisturisers. Have just started the very hyped No7 one and am already impressed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now