Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Received boots - pictures of profile - do they look silly?

(32 Posts)
Jewelsandgems Sat 19-Sep-09 14:22:44

I have the mes ones (came today - £50 off ebay!!), and they are a bit wide on my leg. I think because I have long legs, they come up shorter on me than I thought they would....and because of that they are a bit wide.

I have taken side view and front view pictures (I love them from the front!)

What do you think? I know they will look fine with jeans tucked in, but I do want to wear then with dresses and skirts too.

ShowOfHands Sat 19-Sep-09 14:24:46

Oh I love them and would definitely wear with skirts and dresses. Oh they're lovely.

<<boot envy>>

LetThemEatCake Sat 19-Sep-09 14:25:20

I think they'll look great! (as do you - haven't looked at your profile before - my, aren't you pretty!!! no wonder all the envy at the school gate smile)

what dresses etc do you have in mind?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 19-Sep-09 14:25:21

Can't really tell without a full length photo.

southeastastra Sat 19-Sep-09 14:26:29

they're like spiderman's grin

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 14:27:31

yes v cute

roomforthree Sat 19-Sep-09 14:32:45

Very nice.

lucykate Sat 19-Sep-09 14:41:21

love them, they'll look great on you. i used to have a pair of red boots but the sole split. they were only cheap brantano ones though, not lovely fly ones!

Lizzylou Sat 19-Sep-09 15:04:19

Why did I look?
Now I want red ones as well.....
Love em

JulesJules Sat 19-Sep-09 15:09:31

Gorgeous envy

millenniumfoxtrot Sat 19-Sep-09 15:10:50

they're nice, similar to some destroy ones i have that have always attracted complements (they're also quite wide on the leg, but it doesn't bother me at all, i think it balances out top half well).

personally i only wear them with skirts and def wouldn't wear them over jeans, though can't put my finger on why. imo mid calf length looks good with knee length or mini skirts, and i tend to wear them with brown or grey rather than black.

CybilLiberty Sat 19-Sep-09 15:29:41

See, I am sooo anal about boots fitting round my leg, they would be too gappy for me. But I'm weird like that.

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 16:14:44

oi i treid the clarks ones
started a thread

muggglewump Sat 19-Sep-09 16:17:06

Oh they are gorgeous, and look great on.

I have serious boot envy now envy

Jewelsandgems Sat 19-Sep-09 16:22:29

Thanks girls and LOL LTEC and a very kind thng for you to say

I will post a full length photo later after girls in bed and you can give honest opinion

Saying that I just wore them to go to the florists shop and they felt great on, very comfortable (was not good for driving though, hard to feel the pedals with the thick sole! Definately not some to wear for my driving test!)

MamaGOfficiallyDimmestMner Sat 19-Sep-09 16:23:19

Usuall i hate boots like that but I actually like them, a lot

muggglewump Sat 19-Sep-09 16:24:55

Please don't post a full length pic. I will be compelled to look and in comparison will realise I look like a fat, old, short man who doesn't have gorgeous bootssad

oneopinionatedmother Sat 19-Sep-09 18:41:58

oh dear. i think my sister needs those boots. I might need them (in pink though).

i think a knee length or over knee length skirt? possibly a bit flouncy to create cowgirl-esque vibe?.

MarshaBrady Sat 19-Sep-09 18:48:53

yes they look great.

MarshaBrady Sat 19-Sep-09 18:54:05

I mean of course yes they look great, not look silly!

Jewelsandgems Sat 19-Sep-09 19:14:02

Well today I have worn with:

black long sleeved T, ditsy floral shortish floaty dress, and long leggings.

I don't really have many knee length skirts (unless summery ones) and you see wearing skirts means I need to also wear a top. Whereas a dress is a whole outfit all in one! (and for getting me ready plus two littie girls, dresses are very convenient)

Anyway, I am glad you all think they don't look silly [yay!]

BitOfFun Sat 19-Sep-09 19:19:35

You would be very easy not to like...I have to agree with muggglewump grin

chachalepew Sat 19-Sep-09 19:22:44

They look great, I've not see the red, I have the petrol colour. Definitely don't wear them for your driving test! smile

chattermouse Sat 19-Sep-09 23:19:13

Gorgeous boots. I love red footwear. Defo keep them. Gaps can be cool anyway. No definitive rule that boots must be skin tight to look good.

macherie Sat 19-Sep-09 23:40:29

Lovely boots smile

I have to agree with others, it's now obvious why those mums were snooty at the school gate - they are jealous, you are gorgeous and stylish and your little girls are adorable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now