Talk

Advanced search

Ash high-tops - anyone got any?

(25 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Sat 19-Sep-09 14:16:34

I have been eyeing off a pair on my-wardrobe here but as is always the case, they sold out of my size before I could get my sh*t together...

but just found them on the Office wesbite and used my 20% discount code (the one that I got for them running out of the £40 Fly Londons...)

while I was at it, I was curious enough to order the hugely discounted silver ones - not sure about them but worth a look; might be quite nice to look down and see sparkly shoes on a miserable winter day

what do you think? Glorified Converse or quite nice? I need trainers and can't bear having wet feet, so leather high tops seemed like a good idea

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 14:48:55

i love silver trainers
I also had my eye on teh silver converse on office but they are now sold out -w as on faves for a good year fgs

think the ash ones are brand over substance though

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 14:50:09

oh no they are BAcK in stock...
Blimey LTEc you must haev a LOT of money!!!

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 14:51:58

is the 20% discount a general one or person specific

LetThemEatCake Sat 19-Sep-09 14:58:33

ha ha if only!!

I never pay full price for anything, pretty much. It's virtually my motto.

And I cancelled my entire White Co order, sent the cashmere cardi back etc. And can't afford any of the brown boots that anyone has shown me so far ...

dunno if the code was person specific, give it a go!

KWWNZHUANB3ZKV7S

and link to the converse please!

LuluMamaaaaarrrrr Sat 19-Sep-09 14:59:35

i have a pair of ash shoes and they are eye waterignly uncomfortable, so that has kind of put me off

LetThemEatCake Sat 19-Sep-09 15:22:10

brand over substance in what way? poor quality, you think?

millenniumfoxtrot Sat 19-Sep-09 15:37:12

<hijack> ltec hope i didn't upset you with that comment on the dress - fwiw i like it - but was meant lightheartedly, not meanly.

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 16:13:41

its just too much for a pair of trainers imo
converse

LetThemEatCake Sat 19-Sep-09 16:33:26

foxtrot - not at all!! I agree, not the most gorgeous item of clothing but will look ok over leggings and trainers in winter when I am juggling a breastfeeding baby and 2 finger-painting toddlers. Wouldn't have bid any more than a fiver for it though.

but thank you for your post, as i mentioned on another thread, am feeling emotional & snippy so it is appreciated smile

LetThemEatCake Sat 19-Sep-09 16:47:51

oooh, Noah, I like those silver Converse ... are you going to buy them?

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 16:48:43

oh god i have had htem in my faves list for a year at least,
i really should. But maybe next month...

LetThemEatCake Sat 19-Sep-09 17:07:09

discount will expire by then.... <<egging on emocion>>

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 19-Sep-09 18:20:18

LTEC - Not liking the Ash boots, sorry.

I recently bought my first pair of converse and I love them. Black sparkly sequinny ones. grin.

hoxtonchick Sat 19-Sep-09 19:05:56

i have quite a lot of the ash high tops blush. BUT purchased in tk maxx for £30 a pair so i think that's ok. super comfy, i love them.

eshermummy Sat 19-Sep-09 20:12:42

I love ASH hi-tops. Had a pair last year full price from my wardrobe (grey croc) - wore them to death (really comfy) but soles have worn through (but that happens to me with all brands with rubber soles think I have a heavy tread or something). Bit annoying as leather top part is still pristine.

I found 2 pairs half price on yoox t'other week - a dark green (almost black tbh) croc leather pair of hi-tops and a black patent brogue punched lo-tops. 2 pairs for £108 and free delivery. They might still have some - what size are you?

LTEC - weren't you asking about YOOX? I have used them a couple of times - completely bona fide. Free delivery via UPS ( have also done a return and was fine). Takes a bit longer to arrive as is coming from Italy. Trick is to pay by paypal - if you try and use a UK credit card they want all sorts of photocopied nonsense (posted about it myself ages ago) and is a nightmare.

eshermummy Sat 19-Sep-09 20:20:59

Forgot to say - loving the silver ones as they appear on screen BUT I can't remember now whether it was those or the "gold" ones that were in the my-wardrobe sale - ordered them myself and had to send back as the colour was really strange - not truly metallic ifkwim but actually like a sort of nude coloured leather with a patchy metallic wash effect over them - not what I was expecting from the pic.

LetThemEatCake Sat 19-Sep-09 20:49:14

oooh, thanks for the good feedback hoxton and esher. I am pretty excited about them, I have to say ... hoping that a) they fit and b) I like the silver ones, since they were a good £30 cheaper than the blacks, even after the 20% disc was taken off the blacks ... I guess I can only keep one pair right? <<whistles nonchalantly>>

esher - thanks also for the info re: Yoox, if any of the brown boots I like come up at a slightly more realistic (for me) price then I will definitely give them a go!!

Hoxton - how was your shoppign trip? I am either Westfielding or Bluewatering tomorrow - mostly to make returns of things that I can't be arsed to pay postage on but you never know what might catch my eye ...

Bakergirl - I've seen those sequinny ones, they are lovely!

eshermummy Sat 19-Sep-09 21:39:20

LTEC - remind me about your brown boot search.
I ordered these yesterday but now am fretting they may be a bit plain

day birger boots

I also trawled YOOX - was rather taken with

these

but was worried they might be a bit too much?

Did you see the Kors Michael Kors knee boots they had on The Outnet last week? I had them in my basket but dithered too long .....was keeping an eye to see if any came back as returns but think is unlikely.

CHOOGIRL Sat 19-Sep-09 21:55:09

The Day Birger boots are lovely Esher

LetThemEatCake Sat 19-Sep-09 21:56:43

the trouble with me is the size of my feet ... a whacking great 42 (blush but am tall....)

I absolutely love the day birger ones and love buying from my-wardrobe as my work means that I get a decent discount there... and they are such a good price to begin with anyway ... but as usual, the 42s have gone

So... I am after a dark brown plain-ish, flat leather boot... something that will not look at at odds with my chocolate Mulberry Bayswater and my soon-to-be resurrected nappy bag Doesn't have to be matchy-matchy, just chocolatey rather than tan!!

I think those Yoox ones are quite cool but think you may tire of them quickly ... not as versatile as the DB's....

hoxtonchick Sat 19-Sep-09 22:00:56

i got a gorgeous dress from toast ltec, for work it was my plan all along. and some fingerless mittens from there too (pink). and a lot of mint conditioner!

eshermummy Sat 19-Sep-09 22:25:22

Nice dress Hoxton - did you get the black? I like how they have paired it with thin stripy long sleeve top under too but then I am officially a striped top addict.

LTEC - in my mind the flat boots search comes into 2 categories, 1. the flat riding style boot with/without varying degrees of buckles/hardware etc and 2. the moulded/wedge heeled half sport/half star trek boot a la Fly. Personally am not so keen on the latter and am minded to think that style 1. is a better partner for your Bayswater.

Have you seen

these dune ones

in fact there are a couple that look worth a try-on on the dune website.

And I also went to the hooch website you linked to on another thread and bought

this shirt

which is very similar to

this one that I ordered and then they told me the only one they had in my size was damaged

obviously won't be quite as nice in terms of quality etc but at £14 can cope if it ends up an unworn experiment .
So thanks for that!

hoxtonchick Sat 19-Sep-09 22:37:00

yes, i got the black. am tempted by the layering too, though suspect that wouldn't be formal enough for meetings. i need to sneak it upstairs & have a trying on session .

LetThemEatCake Fri 25-Sep-09 17:20:22

oooh ... these arrived today and I think I may have to keep both pairs .. they are great. I needed help doing them up though as couldn't bend over to do the straps!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now