Talk

Advanced search

Lovely bag, I think it might be almost perfect...or is it a bit dodgy?

(48 Posts)
Jumente Sat 19-Sep-09 06:21:50

Ici

I just saw it and it spoke to me. It looks useable iykwim and about the right size, ie not HUGE but big enough for actual 'stuff'.

What do we think? I wish they had the aubergine which I think FB originally made too. But grey is kind of weirdly cool.

Jumente Sat 19-Sep-09 06:23:52

Ooh link doesn't show you the lining etc. Hang on...if you refresh the page it comes up.

mmrsceptic Sat 19-Sep-09 06:37:21

oh

i think it's dull and overpriced

sorry to be your first response smile

Jumente Sat 19-Sep-09 07:02:46

eek smile

chacun a son gout innit..

monkeysavingexpertdotcom Sat 19-Sep-09 07:18:55

I like it.

woodenchair Sat 19-Sep-09 07:23:47

I like it too nice colour

SofaKingSpecial Sat 19-Sep-09 07:35:19

I like it. I like the patent grey.

StrictlyAvadaKedavra Sat 19-Sep-09 07:40:48

I like it very much

Wasn't aware you could buy bags online through them though, dangerous!!!

PuppyMonkey Sat 19-Sep-09 07:44:21

I like it too...practical, but a bit different.

Jumente Sat 19-Sep-09 08:25:00

Very dangerous!!! grin

Thanks. I am utterly relieved not to be the only person who likes it.

When they say they only have 5 left I always wonder if they started off with 5 and nobody likes it!

ChilloHippi Sat 19-Sep-09 08:27:16

I like it. They grey is a bit different without being weird, and the lining is simply gorgeous. I'm on the lookout for a new bag too.

Jumente Sat 19-Sep-09 08:49:18

I almost wish they didn't have loads of new lovely bags every blooming week. You see one and think Yes!! then another one comes along, and so on until you have about 20 you really need want and it becomes impossible to finance grin

Jumente Sat 19-Sep-09 08:50:02

The lining does remind me of my mother's collection of umbrellas circa 1979. But I still like it.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 19-Sep-09 08:52:40

£60 on a grey bag? hmm if that is what floats your boat...

Jumente Sat 19-Sep-09 08:55:46

Oh Pavlov...what colour would you rather spend £60 on? smile

tattycoram Sat 19-Sep-09 08:55:59

I love it. But, the big francesco biasia writing would totally put me off buying it

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 19-Sep-09 08:58:48

Oh gosh, now you are asking, not bought a bag for me for ages! Last bag I bought was a lovely leather laptop bag for DH which also cost £60, lovely and he won't let me have it!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 19-Sep-09 09:02:23

Anything by this guy matthew williamson i love his stuff

hoxtonchick Sat 19-Sep-09 09:03:12

i like the bag, not keen on the long strap. i really like these oushka ones.

Jumente Sat 19-Sep-09 11:20:35

Oh yes Matthew Williamson things are really nice! I quite like the writing - not that it means anything to me or anyone else I'm likely to meet, but I kind of like the way it's got 'unexpected' elements, and the brushed steel hardware is really really nice.

The Ouschka ones are good but I need a long strap, I have a couple of shoulder strap bags that you have to keep hoiking up your arm, it makes me lose my balance - especially if I lean over to pick up ds2 and the whole shebang just slides down and hits him on the head grin

So I deliberately went for a long strap iyswim. Quite hard to find one unless you get a proper messenger/laptop one, Pavlov's DH is lucky!

Jumente Sat 19-Sep-09 11:22:35

It is leather btw, though doesn't really look like it. I've stopped buying pretend leather bags because I find they don't last so well and definitely don't age so well if you tend to bash them around a bit.

purepurple Sat 19-Sep-09 11:38:49

I like it too grin
I like the inside
I have this bag from Slon Torbalski
It has a long strap and I have never seen antbody else with one

cleaningsucks Sat 19-Sep-09 11:41:39

love it! have a couple from this designer, and they have lasted really well too!

NoahDear Sat 19-Sep-09 12:08:24

dull

MaggieBeauLeo Sat 19-Sep-09 12:18:32

There are some lovely bags there, very reasonable. Love 'Lloyd Baker'.

That's so true about pvc bags. Tehy look nice in the shop. A week later they look awful. I sometimes buy material bags, I'm making a cord and felt bag atm! but never again will I spend money on a pvc bag.

If I added up all the money I'd spent on pretend handbags over the years I could have bought a mulberry I'm sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now