Talk

Advanced search

Question about jeans in "Tall" ranges

(6 Posts)
tulpe Fri 18-Sep-09 20:21:47

Are jeans in Tall ranges generally longer in the body than regular jeans?

I am sure this is a daft question! Obv, I know that the leg length is longer, just wondering if other dimensions of garment also longer.

I am long of body and short of leg. I cannot find jeans which fit me properly. Hipsters give me a muffin top (even in correct size and multitude of brands etc) and high-waisted jeans in regular ranges give me vile camel-toe. Neither an appealing look, I am sure you will agree wink

So my thought was that if I bought "Tall" jeans (eg TopShop Martha's) I could get the leg length altered but they would be deep enough in the seat

CMOTdibbler Fri 18-Sep-09 20:24:33

Yes, they are longer in the body too

tvaerialmagpiebin Fri 18-Sep-09 20:32:00

I think the term you are after is "the rise".

If you measure from your waist, down over your pubic bone, underneath between your legs, and back up to your waist at the back. Now I think that some long ranges do allow for a longer rise, but some just stick an extra few inches on the length. You just have to try loads on.

Lands End used to be very specific in the measurements of trousers, and even do exact hemming you specified, but I don't know if they still do, or even if they still exist.

tulpe Fri 18-Sep-09 20:32:08

Thanks CMOTD Will get myself to Top Shop in the morning then

tulpe Fri 18-Sep-09 20:33:41

Yes Lankyalto! That was the term I was looking for. Stupid Friday night mushed brain not allowing me to think straight.

tvaerialmagpiebin Fri 18-Sep-09 20:42:14

Hee hee!
They still do have a longer rise, here is a pair if you click on size chart it gives you the different rise dimensions. And they do up to 36" length but not custom hemmed in jeans, only in trousers. Reasonable price those are £29

I have just bought these in Long Tall Sally for £45 and they are very comfortable, no camel toe at all (horrid phrase).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now