Talk

Advanced search

Cheaper version of REN skin care? Have to economise - boooo hoooooo

(11 Posts)
OrangeKnickers Fri 18-Sep-09 13:29:57

Any one got any good makes they use? I like the REN stuff coz it doesn't have any shit in. But it is a bit tooooo expensive ATM.

thank you!

LetThemEatCake Fri 18-Sep-09 13:38:47

I switched from REN to the Oil Cleansing Method with just occasional Neal's Yard stuff (scrub once a week, Wild Rose Beauty balm every few nights) plus Bio Oil as a moisturiser ... skin prob better now than when using REN!!

mum2boys3girls Fri 18-Sep-09 13:46:26

LIZ EARLE ;)

OrangeKnickers Fri 18-Sep-09 20:23:09

thank you for the recommendations. Liz Earle looks good, but still a bit expensive. I was hoping for something a bit cheaper. Particularly moisturiser.

The oil cleansing method is using castor oil?

Any others?

tattycoram Fri 18-Sep-09 20:32:37

Akamuti? Bit earth mother looking but lovely stuff. The sweet orange cleansing cream is amazing.

OrangeKnickers Sat 19-Sep-09 18:09:36

Akamuti looks really nice! I might take the plunge as I can get a few things for the same price as one REN moisturiser - thanks!

Now is there a postal strike on.......?

ihatethecold Sun 20-Sep-09 11:04:17

you dont have to use castor oil, i dont as my skin is dry. i just mix olive and sunflower oil, or by a large bottle of neils yard oil which costs 6.50.

purplepeony Sun 20-Sep-09 11:11:00

Have you tried ebay for REN?

Or there's Neals Yard which is slightly cheaper.

nappyaddict Sun 20-Sep-09 11:54:52

NOT Eve Lom or Liz Earle. Both gave me spots for much longer than the initial month it's supposed to take for your skin to get used to it.

I have had much more success with Lush Ultrabland, Boots Botanics Cleansing Balm and Tesco B Natural cleanser.

NoahDear Sun 20-Sep-09 13:36:34

i like the tesco bnatural

hurricanemanzo Thu 24-Sep-09 01:54:53

Mary Kay products work for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now