Talk

Advanced search

Any one been to a Miss Captain clothes party?

(8 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Thu 17-Sep-09 22:58:53

am going to one nextweek, but know little about it. Have looked at their website, all seems a bit young and trendy for me (late 40s)WOuld be interested to know about prices as well. Thanks

lilolilmanchester Fri 18-Sep-09 17:17:59

bump

angrypixie Sat 19-Sep-09 21:12:11

Sorry - never heard of it but have a free bump from me

brimfull Sat 19-Sep-09 22:27:13

had a look

not very clear pics of the clothes,trousers seem a bit odd but hard to tell

no prices either

you must come back and tell us what it's like

lilolilmanchester Sat 19-Sep-09 23:44:08

thanks ggirl and angrypixie. I agree the clothes look a bit odd which is why I posted, I suspect way too young for me and also don't want to be put in position where I feel obliged to pay £50 for a t-shirt I don't want (host has said "no need to buy"... but you know how these things are)

MadBadandCoveredinSequins Sun 20-Sep-09 00:02:07

Haven't been to a party, but a friend is an agent (or whatever they call it) and I bought some of her samples from her at the end of the season. I like the stuff - it's quirky and a bit off-beat, like clothes I've often seen in France - and there's little chance of walking into a room and someone else wearing the same thing. My one gripe is that one of the jumpers (a wool/acrylic mix) very quickly went bobbly.

Oh, and I'm older than any of you and far from svelte. So, if you like the stuff, go for it!

lilolilmanchester Sun 20-Sep-09 20:04:54

thanks MadBadandCoveredinSequins
That's encouraging (I think!) Any ideas on pricing? Am thinking of asking a friend to come with me who is having a tough time and needs a break, she loves clothes, but I also know money is tight for her at the mo and would hate to embarrass her.

MadBadandCoveredinSequins Sun 20-Sep-09 21:20:22

Hi Lilo!

I can't help much with prices because they were old samples so I got a hefty discount as she wanted to get rid of them. I think I paid about £20 an item. It's certainly not cheap and cheerful, but I don't think (touch wood) it would be £50 for a t-shirt and the quality's quite good (see earlier comment about bobbling).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now