Talk

Advanced search

Short Northface Jackets?

(5 Posts)
norfolklass Thu 17-Sep-09 13:56:23

Am after a bit of advise! DH has offered to buy me a new winter coat and after hankering for a northface coat all last winter have been looking at them but now can't decide what to do?

I am totally useless so can't do links but have been looking at the short nuptese (sp?) jackets but am wondering if they were a good idea.

Im really short (4 10") and about a size 8/10 and mainly wear skinny jeans and flat boots or tall cowboy boots if going out so can't really go for a long coat cause it will seriously make me look awful...but am wondering if a short puffa style coat will make me look even more Oompa Lumpa ish???

I need it to take DS to school so although I love the longer ones I would need to wear them with high boots all the time and can't do that on a 2 mile walk every day.

Anything good or bad to say would be appreciated...Im tempted to just order it and try it on and then send it back if it looks awful!

pcworld Thu 17-Sep-09 20:38:13

North Face do a shortish (hip-length) belted parka with down filling plus it is waterproof, would that be any good? Think it is called Arctic Parka.

elastamum Thu 17-Sep-09 20:48:29

have had 2 northface down jackets, one white and a brown one with a hood. they are fantastic. warm and light and soo lovely in winter, we live in Derbyshire and it is cold!!!! grin

norfolklass Fri 18-Sep-09 09:55:41

Ooh thank you pcworld-yes that would be fab. I really wanted a longer one but all the ones that Ive seen would basically come down to my toes...not a good look lol! I will go and search that one out.

Elastamum-thats great thank you! Its good to know they are lovely and warm and I presume they don't "date" much either do they not like some of the coats do.

chattermouse Fri 18-Sep-09 12:08:20

I have the NF nuptse vest without sleeves coat. It is ace. very warm and looks fab. But nuptse is not one to wear in the rain so perhaps rethink if you will be walking a lot in all weathers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now