Talk

Advanced search

where can i get cream eyeshadows? am a contact lense wearer and can't use powder based ones

(12 Posts)
kissmummy Thu 17-Sep-09 12:44:13

I used to buy cream eyeshadows from Rimmel at Boots but they dont seem to make them anymore. i wandered round all the other make up sections looking for them and couldn't find any anywhere - they're all powder-based, which isn't great for contact lense wearers like myself. any ideas anyone?

101handbags Thu 17-Sep-09 13:01:04

Boots no7 have just started to do them, lots of nice colours (in small tubes, I got a couple in the big Liverpool Street branch last week). Also Clinique does them.

bamboobutton Thu 17-Sep-09 13:04:46

why isn't it good for contacts? i wear contacts and haven't been told not to use powder eyeshadow, which i use all the time.

<perplexed>

electricgem Thu 17-Sep-09 13:06:30

Benefit do creaseless cream eyeshadows in some nice colours (well I like the get figgy and flatter me colours anyway!). Also Mac do paint pots which are the same sort of thing. Not sure of any others - hope that helps

MissisBoot Thu 17-Sep-09 13:06:40

bobbi brown have some lovely ones

kissmummy Thu 17-Sep-09 17:20:24

thanks everyone, that's brilliant. bamboo i am so shortsighted (-10!) that i need my lenses in when i put my make up on. i usually find flecks of powder eyeshadow get onto my lenses when i'm applying it and then i'm seeing the world through smudges.
probably my clumsiness rather than anything else....

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 17-Sep-09 17:28:38

Maybelline do some cream ones iirc. So does cheap and cheerful brand Miss Sporty.

However, I am a contacts wearer and wear normal powders (also put make up on with lenses in). Perhaps if you are using a brush the powder flicks all over, you may find it easier applying powder if you use a sponge applicator or your finger.

Mind you, many times have I spodged eyeshadow on my lenses, after a few blinks your eyesight clears anyway.

macherie Thu 17-Sep-09 17:48:27

Prescriptives, max factor and clinique do them

brimfull Thu 17-Sep-09 17:49:38

bobbi brown

do fab waterproof cream eyeshadow

TheDMshouldbeRivened Thu 17-Sep-09 17:54:14

I wear lenses and have the in if I put powder on. Never had any problems.

onetiredmummy Thu 17-Sep-09 20:22:58

I'm sure Avon used to do them, quite cheaply.

triffictits Thu 17-Sep-09 20:56:49

Bobbi Brown ones are the best in my opinion, i love the cream eyeshadows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now