Talk

Advanced search

Need new hair colour/cut - worth splurging when I'm in London?

(7 Posts)
TracyK Thu 17-Sep-09 11:10:14

Coming down to London for my birthday/work and have never been 100% happy with my 'nice' highlight/lowlight combo.

Am 40ish and would love something a bit 'funkier'. Would it be worth splurging and going to an upmarket, trendy salon for a revamp - or will they do exact same to my fine, mousey chin length hair and charge me £200+??

Tambajam Thu 17-Sep-09 11:24:01

Honestly I probably wouldn't bother. The up market salons tend to sniff out a one-off customer and you don't get a really top stylist without shelling out the really big bucks.

I went to one who is a big shampoo-making name and it was awful. The bloke clearly didn't give two jots about me and barely looked in my direction. At the end I looked like one of the early Beatles. And I paid well over £100 for the kind of haircut you run home to sort out.

I think you are better off going somewhere out of London where they care about their client base and hope to see you again. And they'll be able to maintain it intelligently.

LynetteScavo Thu 17-Sep-09 11:28:00

Don't bother - find a great salon out side London. (I presume it would be cheaper)

All Tony & Guy / essensuals are good.

I was disapointed with my highly expensive Trevor Sorbie clolour, and had to have it re-done a week later (which they did do, for free)

RamblingRosa Thu 17-Sep-09 13:37:54

I had a good cut at Rush this week. There are half price vouchers for cut and colour on www.vouchercodes.co.uk for lots of branches. It meant I got my hair cut by the top stylist for £35.

Other than that, I'd say London is overpriced and you're better off going somewhere local. I live in London and try to get my hair done out of town when I'm visiting other towns for work or holiday because you always get a better deal.

Cortina Fri 18-Sep-09 15:42:02

The best hair cut I've ever had is a one off with Richard Ward from the Richard Ward salon in Sloane Square.

Amazing! I've long hair and he just cut a few layers here and there and a great fringe (that could be swept back or worn as a fringe). Not cheap but completely amazing.

angrypixie Fri 18-Sep-09 16:02:59

Thanks Cortina for that. I have long hair which really needs an overhaul and am in SW London. Happy to pay for someone who is good, am off to look at their website.

TracyK Fri 18-Sep-09 16:04:27

I was thinking of colournation.com - in Covent Garden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now