Talk

Advanced search

La Redoute

(7 Posts)
MavisEnderby Thu 17-Sep-09 10:45:29

Am on budget,(couldn't afford Boden and the like) and the catalogue just dropped through my door.

Can anyone tell me about the sizings,what they think of the clothes and so-on.

Thanks

MrsBadger Thu 17-Sep-09 10:47:31

reasonably priced, often good offers and their kids stuff (Vertbaudet) is nice

but never look as good on me as they do in the catalogue, (unlike Next, which is more honest ie things that will look bad on actually look bad in the catalogue too)

fishie Thu 17-Sep-09 10:49:40

it is all a bit random - some stuff is huge, some tiny. also they may not have all the stuff they advertise. i once got a dress i hadn't ordered which was much nicer than the one i had!

i like their stuff generally, but you have to be the sort of person who will return unsuitable buys, not bung it into back of wardrobe.

MrsBadger Thu 17-Sep-09 10:51:53

oh and postage can be more than you expect too

personalyl I prefer to go to Primark / Peacocks etc and try stuff on

ShrinkingViolet Thu 17-Sep-09 10:53:24

DD1 gets a fair bit of stuff from them, agree sizings can be a bit strange. Material tends to be quite thin too, which isn't always obvious from the pictures. You get good discount offers, but be careful whcih sections they apply to as that's not always clear.

lucykate Thu 17-Sep-09 10:57:13

their stuff is ok, i find the sizing small. am a 12 normally but have to get a 14.

notjustapuppymum Thu 17-Sep-09 12:33:45

The stuff is ok if you get it on offer prices. The sizing I tend to find tops come up large, am usually a 10-12 but order a 6-8 with La Redoute but bottoms are on the tighter side.

It's not the best quality stuff but like I say, if you don't pay full price then it's not too bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now