Talk

Advanced search

Polo (roll) necks 2009

(12 Posts)
monkeysmama Thu 17-Sep-09 10:17:54

I love polo necks. I replenish my stock anually but this year I'm finding it hard to find any I love. I want 2 styles - wooly ones & tight ones for under dresses.

Need a bit of stretch. Size 12-14. Black's sorted In the wooly style but looking for brown, navy & green. Highstreet or dearer both ok.

TIA

Mimi1977 Thu 17-Sep-09 10:36:13

There are some lovely ones in the jumper section on www.bodenpreview.co.uk

They are not on the main site until Oct but you can order (although discounts don't work yet)

monkeysmama Thu 17-Sep-09 10:59:50

Thank you very much. I never think to look at Boden.

tulpe Thu 17-Sep-09 11:04:51

Last year H&M did a fab selection of merino wool knitwear - including polo necks. I have a gorgeous charcoal grey, quite fine knit and nice & long which cost just £20. It looks far more expensive. I do think H&M is one of those stores where as long as you are selective you can find some really great stuff.

lucykate Thu 17-Sep-09 11:08:57

i have 3 brown ones from last year as i wore them so much, came from matalan, primark (this one was only £2.50), and la redoute.

lucykate Thu 17-Sep-09 11:10:13

sorry, meant to add mine are all the tight, jersey style ones.

MarshaBrady Thu 17-Sep-09 11:11:04

Tulpe I have that H&M one on right now.

Grey fine knit, warm but thin enough to wear under dresses. Surprisingly nice looking.

CoffeeCrazedMama Thu 17-Sep-09 11:11:08

Uniqlo - fab quality, good range of colours and cheap. Really good jumpers for not balling up.

monkeysmama Thu 17-Sep-09 11:11:38

Thanks again. I have a H&M one I like that's been good for 2 years with careful washing - much better than the John Smedley ones I bought last year that went funny. Will look at La Redoute now.

tulpe Thu 17-Sep-09 11:26:51

Yes, that's the one Marsha! And agree with monkeysmama about how good they still look. I have a black cashmere one from Jaegar which, despite the ££ it cost, looked shocking after just 3 careful handwashes

On reflection, I should have taken it back but I really hate complaining.

MarshaBrady Thu 17-Sep-09 11:28:47

God don't worry.

I have a pair of Georgina Goodman boots (curses) that are soo bloody hard to put on and dh has to take off for me and they are £££ too.

Design fault, no zip some sort of air suction thing goes on. The buggers..

MarshaBrady Thu 17-Sep-09 11:29:14

I mean me too, don't worry.. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now