Talk

Advanced search

Just as my A/W breastfeeding wardrobe gets sorted, I discover a most heinous oversight

(31 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Wed 16-Sep-09 22:31:34

what to give birth in!!???

am thinking this with these??

newtlover Wed 16-Sep-09 22:35:09

this is the sort of thing that gives the NCT a bad name IMO.
whatever happened to big t shirts?
I know they need to make money but this is uncritical consumerism par excellence.
socks nice tho'

LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 16-Sep-09 22:36:07

Jeez, to think I gave birth three times without the aid of a dedicated birth wardrobe. How slack is that?

LetThemEatCake Wed 16-Sep-09 22:41:00

what happened to being nekkid??

is that not the norm???

Mithered Wed 16-Sep-09 22:41:25

OMG was just getting my head round the school run wardrobe. Didn't realise I should have had a birth wardrobe! Get thyself to Primarni for some big Tshirts

CHOOGIRL Wed 16-Sep-09 22:43:05

You are priceless!!! I've never met anyone so like me beforesmile I was petrified of going into labour before my hair was done, legs waxed and had labour wardrobe sorted. Are you at home or hospital? I had White Co cashmere socks and IO trousers and wrap thingy before they made me change into an NHS smock. Think the dress is great.

KembleTwins Wed 16-Sep-09 22:43:23

OMG. Why would anyone pay nearly ONE HUNDRED QUID for a special outfit in which to give birth????????? (overuse of question marks important to illustrate total shock)

I did it in a hospital gown. And then wore nothing but a sheet for the next two days (always so bloody hot in these places)

SpringySponge Wed 16-Sep-09 22:44:43

Who on earth wants to birth in cashmere socks? It's not like it's a tidy process...

LetThemEatCake Wed 16-Sep-09 22:46:24

Really, ladies (and Choo, I feel so bad to say this) I am JOKING!!

I have been in all my naked glory both times before, plan to be so again. (last 2 home births, plan to do same this time)

I have, however, had my legs and bikini line waxed, plus pedicure done ... I remember with dc1 bending over from waist to breathe through contractions and being really irritated by the sight of my skanky toes and hairy legs .. have not made same mistake since...

CHOOGIRL Wed 16-Sep-09 22:47:05

But I gave birth in November and my feet were cold!!!

LetThemEatCake Wed 16-Sep-09 22:49:42

am definitely wearing cashmere socks immediately after the birth and subsequent shower!!!

CHOOGIRL Wed 16-Sep-09 22:50:33

..and turned up at the hospital with clarins bubble bath to have a relaxing bath afterwards. Looked at the skanky showers and then nearly cried. I couldn't get out of their quick enough. And I really did have White Co socks on

MarsLady Wed 16-Sep-09 22:51:37

You're 17 years too late with the links! If only I'd known that special, expensive birthwear was the way to go...

<<kicks self for lack of foresight and planning>>

CHOOGIRL Wed 16-Sep-09 22:51:43

there.. Have been wine tasting tonight I can spell really

SpringySponge Wed 16-Sep-09 22:53:07

I had a huge black t-shirt. I was expecting to end up naked, but the epidural spared me the need to do that. When they broke my waters it totally flooded the bed, though. So I was propped up against the wall (with epidural, remember!) whilst they changed the bedding, uncontrollably leaking from the vagina.

It was very reminiscent of the Blue Peter elephant incident. Cashmere socks would've been destroyed.

LetThemEatCake Wed 16-Sep-09 23:01:05

'uncontrollably leaking from the vagina' - love it!! so evocative!!! grin

Choogirl - you ARE HMM, aren't you? did you read Haute Hospital. the latest one??

SpringySponge Wed 16-Sep-09 23:01:54

Well I thought I should conjure up the indignity so as to illustrate the point about birthing outfits wink

LetThemEatCake Wed 16-Sep-09 23:03:15

look at discussions of the day, that's where I poached it from. Thought it would be good for a laugh. Does this make me a troll??

KembleTwins Wed 16-Sep-09 23:05:50

Thought you were a bit mad until I spotted that the dress thing also comes in raspberry. Am off to make a baby RIGHT NOW just so I can get one and feel comfortable and feminine throughout my birthing experience.

CHOOGIRL Wed 16-Sep-09 23:05:53

I'm not that bad.... I think it is a control thing.. My NCT teacher told me to make the hospital room like a home from home, which I obviously took too literally. But no way would I have been able to push or breathe if I had hairy legs, bad hair or cold feet.

CHOOGIRL Wed 16-Sep-09 23:07:06

I think the NCT woman is doing a webchat tomorrow we should ask her about birthing outfits

LetThemEatCake Wed 16-Sep-09 23:08:02

Choogirl you crack me up!! Homebirh for you next time, yes? Diptyque candles can abound!!!

Have just clocked this little gem on the product description:

"An inspirational, original poem is printed in silver on the inside neck line:
When I finally see your face,
All this waiting will be
A dream we once dreamed
You, a warm weight in my arms
A near and present love"

eeeeeeewwwwwwwww

SpringySponge Wed 16-Sep-09 23:08:09

Probably, but it makes you a stylish troll, at least.

& my NCT teacher told me to imagine the delivery room as a room of seduction. In our antenatal class we had to draw - yes, draw - everything we would want in our fancy hotel room for a romantic night away.

We were meant to pretend we were there hmm It's those kind of shenanigans that got us as far as the delivery room in the first place.

LetThemEatCake Wed 16-Sep-09 23:10:33

I never did NCT ... am beginning to wish I had... clearly I have missed a trick or two!!

yes, let's webchat tomorrow!!

monkeysmama Thu 17-Sep-09 00:07:14

I was very worried when I arrived in our delivery room with 2 bags & my midwife said "before we head to the birth room do you have a bikini or something you want to wear?" (private room & water birth) I'd waxed, pedicured and had 3 different going home outfits for me & bubba blush (I did wait a long time for dd & obsessed a bit) but no bikini. A bikini fgs!!?! They were lucky I got dressed the next day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now