Talk

Advanced search

Ankle boots - what is the consensus on these?

(16 Posts)
Mithered Wed 16-Sep-09 22:14:07

Ok am loving Fly boots but am a size 42 so can't get any to fit. Have just bought a couple of dresses from Uniqlo/H&M and was going to wear them with leggings/tights and long boots.

However I saw these and thought they may just do the trick.Are ankle boots on trend as the fashionistas say? If so what do you think of these? here

missmelly Wed 16-Sep-09 22:23:23

i think they're cute and would look good with dresses/leggings

millenniumfalcon Wed 16-Sep-09 22:25:52

i love them with leggings, skinnies as long as you avoid the comedy 80's look and go chunky.

<disclaimer: not fashionista!>

Mithered Wed 16-Sep-09 22:29:01

Well I was there first time round for the 80's so will be trying to avoid that look!

Am really struggling as trying to avoid the bootcut jeans with boots underneath look that I seem to have been sporting for a few years(boring mum look!)Feeling very adventurous with leggings and may even try jeggings. God forbid stirrup leggings do make a comeback as have some very painful memories!

millenniumfalcon Wed 16-Sep-09 22:37:23

my issue would be attempting move from non-fashion/casual to fashion/dressy (it's definitely a more dressy look imho).

if you were changing just one variable (i.e. fahion/non-fashion or casual/dressy) it could be seemless, but for me, if i changed both at once i'd feel i was in fancy dress iyswim, which seriously impairs your chances of pulling a look off.

skinnies/uggs-type boots would be an easier transition to pull off i reckon

Mithered Wed 16-Sep-09 22:39:45

Am really not sure on the uggs boots tbh. I have worn dresses/leggings/long boots but more when getting dressed up to go out ( which admittedly is once in a blue moon nowadays) Am quite happy wearing dresses/leggings just not sure with the boots. Possibly just stick with knee length boots for now then

AnyFucker Wed 16-Sep-09 22:43:28

well, I have long skinny legs so ankle boots just look ridiculous on me

knee length boots just balance my shape better, and I think that is more of a consideration, as opposed to just what is in fashion

although I do love fashion and buy new stuff all the time, it has to suit you or you become a victim smile

millenniumfalcon Wed 16-Sep-09 22:44:26

ah if we're talking going out that's a whole different ballgame (those ones you linked to are def verging on the comedy 80s look to me though, sorry)

Mithered Wed 16-Sep-09 22:48:28

So what do you think to ankle boots for daily wear then? Have got fairly decent legs from knee down - chunky thighs though. Am tall too.

millenniumfalcon Wed 16-Sep-09 22:50:14

put it like this, i've seen people pull off this look, but they weren't on the school run

Mithered Wed 16-Sep-09 22:52:00

So we are talking skinny 18 year old girls really aren't we. I know when I am beaten
<gives self good talking to>

Clarks/Hush Puppies here I come wink

millenniumfalcon Wed 16-Sep-09 23:28:36

hey ignore me, crowds of 30-something actual fashionistas will saunter in and convince you otherwise in a minute...

monkeysmama Wed 16-Sep-09 23:41:08

From the thread title I was thinking "oh no" but they look more like shoe boots than what I'd call ankle boot I think they'd look stylish. Go for it. There's a lotof years for boring shoes.

Mithered Thu 17-Sep-09 21:32:07

Went to look at them today but was not impressed at all. However I am going to keep looking for shoe boots as opposed to ankle boots as I quite like them. Just got to find them in a 42

millenniumfalcon Thu 17-Sep-09 21:56:01

would you keep me updated on your search? i'm tempted myself, but i haven't seen any i love yet.

Mithered Thu 17-Sep-09 22:11:47

Of course. Saw some in Next but were a bit boring - I think I had you in mind when I was looking wink

Am off on a hunt now - bugger all on Amazon and Asos for my size though. What size are you mf?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now