Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How to do an easy updo for a wedding

(4 Posts)
Notquitedelia Wed 16-Sep-09 21:33:19

My hair is a mess. medium length, a bit wavy, with long layers. I have neglected it for ages with just an occasional cut to get rid of some of the weight. Can't remember how to do anything interesting with it. Can anyone give me an idiots guide to doing a nice classy looking up do which will survive a couple of hours in the car and doesn't take too long to do as no doubt will have children demanding attention most of the time when i'm getting ready.

geordieminx Wed 16-Sep-09 21:46:09

Scrunch dry then lots of pins to create a messy - I've just got out of bed but look fab and chic?

Notquitedelia Wed 16-Sep-09 21:55:23

I like the sound of it I just don't know how to do it. Where do the pins go? How do I stop them slowly descending during the day?

Horton Wed 16-Sep-09 21:56:05

Hair in ponytail at base of neck but no band on it. Roll ponytail round and round until you have a twisted length of hair, then put this vertically up the back of your head and secure with combs and pins, as many as it takes. If combs are on the right hand side, stroke the hair upwards on the left hand side so it looks smooth. Or vice versa. Two combs should be fine for even quite long hair. If you want it looking neat, tuck the ends in and secure with pins. If you want something messier, leave the ends out and tong/dry them smooth and pull around to make them fan out. You can pull some strands out at the front for a messier look. I think it's called a french pleat and it is much easier than my explanation makes it sound. My hair is slippy and tricky but this style always stays in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: