Talk

Advanced search

EEK! Help me dress for an interview

(7 Posts)
DoingTheBestICan Wed 16-Sep-09 18:44:11

I am a sahm & my ds has just started pre-school so i decided to apply for a job in our local Boots,never thinking for one moment that they would be interested in me.

Well,turns out i was wrong,they are interested & have asked me to go to an interview next Tues morning & to dress smartly as i will be shown the job on the shop floor.

The smartest item in my wardrobe is skinny jeans & uggs blush

What do i wear? Am completely out of touch with the 'outside' world.

I am about a size 14 & would prefer to wear trousers but if you think thats not appropriate then i will take your better advice.

Just off to bathe said son so i will be back later,thanks in advance.

DLI Wed 16-Sep-09 18:58:19

i would wear either a pair of black trousers or black skirt and tights with a white shirt.

inkyfingers Wed 16-Sep-09 19:02:11

Congratulations on interview. Trousers would be fine - plain, dark colour. No jeans. Smartest top you have - pref a jacket. Plain court shoes. Hair and make up 'grooming'(!), best you can do. If you have time/cash this weekend you could try 'career wear' at Next. TBH if you're going back to work you may need interview-type clothes. Good luck!!

KristinaM Wed 16-Sep-09 20:03:58

inky is absolutely right smile

if you are strapped for cash right now you could get away with just the trousers/skirt and blouse

looking groomed very important, doesn't cost anything but shows you have made an effort

DoingTheBestICan Wed 16-Sep-09 20:14:36

Thanks for your help,i was thinking black trousers myself but wasnt sure but now you have recommended them too thats what i will wear.

I will pop into Next tomorrow & get a nice smart top.

Should i wear my hair up in a ponytail or loose do you think?

janeite Wed 16-Sep-09 20:18:26

Black trousers and a smart top will be fine. Good luck! Personally I wouldn't go for a white shirt though, as it can look a bit 'Victorian waitress-y' iykwim.

I would say hair up but only because mine is usually easier to keep tidy then.

KristinaM Sun 20-Sep-09 20:10:00

how did your interview go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now