Talk

Advanced search

So I have given up the search for a winter coat and in a moment of rashness...

(23 Posts)
LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 16-Sep-09 17:47:22

I have been to Fatface and bought this instead. I think it is quite practical as long as we don't have a very cold winter, and in that case I will just have to stay indoors a lot.
And then, as I was there anyway, I bought these because I really really wanted needed them.
And then I went online to Joe Brown and bought this and this. And I used the 15% discount code which makes them a positive bargain really.
So there we are - winter wardrobe sorted. blush

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 16-Sep-09 17:49:47

Can't see the Joe Brown stuff, all sold out.

PrincessToadstool Wed 16-Sep-09 17:53:13

I like the jacket and boots v much.

dogonpoints Wed 16-Sep-09 18:00:36

fat face doesn't do it for me

StrumpetMajor Wed 16-Sep-09 18:03:19

I really like the boots. With a proper rubber sole. I am quite envy.

Jumente Wed 16-Sep-09 18:04:43

The boots are the same as i got this morning! How is the width on you, I find them really loose and wide? But they are lovely...the only thing I have really liked from Fatface, ever. smile

LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 16-Sep-09 18:22:25

Not loose on me at all, I had to go up a size in fact, am normally 38 and my toes were scrunched so I got a 39. Maybe I have fat feet.
The Joe Browns - its the sassy dress in the top row and the chiffon top.
It does say sold out now - hope I'm getting mine!

AnyFucker Wed 16-Sep-09 18:29:29

well, your feet will be warm at least grin

I don't use a massively thick/padded coat in winter

I layer up with a fleece and then a lighter jacket on top. It is warmer than one thick layer and allows for you to get warm in the shops/on the school run etc and take one of 'em off

feel better now ? smile

LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 16-Sep-09 23:12:40

Yes, that's the way to do it AF. Or I could borrow one of my mum's thermal vests, the kind that are specially made for Polar explorers and old ladies.
I tried on the coatI really liked from Marks and it looked lovely, but then I realised that as I am a mother and a student living in the country, there is no point in having a coat that makes me look like a person with a proper job with other grown ups who wear suits and stuff.

PrincessToadstool Thu 17-Sep-09 08:10:08

I have now given up on the holy grail too. I have just been through my wardrobe and I have FOUR coats/jackets that I bought last year.

I have last year's version of this: white stuff though without the lining - it is roomy though and I've lost weight so I will just put layers underneath. Ok it's not waterproof but it does have a hood and I will buy a big golf umbrella.

I've got a khaki jacket from Fat Face that's a similar shape to the one in the OP, a 3/4 sleeve wool coat from Great Plains, and a wool duffle from Topshop. So I will stop complaining about fecking outerwear!

I do need boots though

AvadaKedavra Thu 17-Sep-09 08:45:57

What is the calf measurement like on the boots LGP

florencepink Thu 17-Sep-09 10:00:30

oh yes, calf measurement i would like to know that too! they are lovely boots.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 17-Sep-09 10:01:22

My calves are of the sturdy persuasion and they they are fine. Well, the left one is fine, the right one is a bit on the tight side.

florencepink Thu 17-Sep-09 10:05:52

thanks, i've just measured mine and they are 38cm at the widest point what do you think?

LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 17-Sep-09 14:23:51

I can't find a tape measure atm, but will measure when I do.
But my legs are, ahem, not my best feature, so I'm betting they're bigger than yours.

AvadaKedavra Thu 17-Sep-09 15:39:06

I doubt that am 15 stone shock

BikeRunSki Thu 17-Sep-09 15:53:31

OOOh, nice coat and boots. The boots are very very similar to some I bought 3 years ago, in 2 colours, and have worn almost constantly since.

PrincessToadstool Thu 17-Sep-09 17:06:11

Oh am also chunky of calf so would love to know, I do need boots

Celery Thu 17-Sep-09 17:10:21

I had last years version of that fat face coat. It wasn't warm enough. sorry.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 17-Sep-09 19:47:46

La, la, la, I'm not listening.

dexter73 Thu 17-Sep-09 19:51:38

LGP Did you see my message that the Fat Face skirt has been reduced to £35?

overmydeadbody Thu 17-Sep-09 20:00:52

wow that joe brown stuff is nice!

LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 17-Sep-09 22:00:27

That would put it within my budget Dexter! If I feed the children on baked beans for a week or two anyway. (They like baked beans so that's not a problem.)
I shall go into the shop on Saturday and have a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now