Talk

Advanced search

today's shopping observations...

(5 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Wed 16-Sep-09 16:17:15

So I ducked into town after being at the park all morning with the dcs ... ds was sleeping and dd loves to shop so seemed a good time ...

1. Had to go to White Stuff to see the gnomes we --got manipulated into 'buying'-- bought for charity so while we were there and dd was happy trying on jewellery and admiring the dead Bambis on the walls I bought these Oh dear, they are not very pretty, stylish nor flattering but oh! the relief of not having a belt buckle or button pressing against my bump!!

2. Went to the charity shop where I found a 100% wool Jigsaw cardi - not my cup of tea particularly but mum arrives from australia next week so will --leave more room for pressies for me and the kids-- save some space in her suitcase if she doesn't have to pack so many bulky woollies... and it was £3!!! I don't really know Jigsaw, but they are not cheap, are they? How much do you reckon that would have been new?

3. Went to JoJo Maman Bebe to buy a sleepsuit for the new baby .. thought it would be nice for him/ her to have something that's not a hand-me-down ... but they are £12!!!! does anyone else think this is exorbitant for something worn for so brief a time?

LetThemEatCake Wed 16-Sep-09 16:17:55

ooops, my strikethroughs haven't worked, hope the above makes sense!

cyteen Wed 16-Sep-09 16:30:22

I would wear those trousers with pride and I'm not even pregnant blush

OllieWollieWoo Wed 16-Sep-09 16:31:03

Sounds like you had one of 'those' days LTEC! Agree re sleepsuit but I justified cost of one from Petit Bateau by putting DS2 in it for the trip home (lotsa photos etc), and then rolled it out for all subsequent 'firsts' (visit from Granny, first trip out in the pram etc etc) for the next 2 weeks (needless to say it was in and out of the washing machine and almost all the pics we have him from day 1 to 21 he is wearing the same! May has well have got a three pack from Next!

Bet you live in the WS trews for the next few weeks thus justifying purchase via the cost per wear calculation!

NorkilyChallenged Thu 17-Sep-09 14:23:06

I do actually wear those trousers and haven't been pregnant for... erm... 16 months!

They are SO comfy. The recreate the comfort of maternity jersey trousers that I miss so much.

Jigsaw cardigan - you're probably talking about £80 I would guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now