Talk

Advanced search

Do you think it looks better if you keep all your rings the same metal?

(14 Posts)
HeadFairy Wed 16-Sep-09 14:36:10

My wedding and engagement rings are yellow gold, and I'm thinking of buying myself a ring I've seen that's silver (to go on the other hand). It also comes in gold, do you think it looks better to keep all rings to the same metal, or can you mix them?

PortBlacksandResident Wed 16-Sep-09 14:37:30

I would go for the one that you prefer, that first got your attention (piccies please i am a magpie and can almost rival Jacqueline Wilson for rings).

lynniep Wed 16-Sep-09 14:38:54

I dont think it matters much if its a different hand. It looks a little odd if its the same hand, but no biggy.

ChopsTheDuck Wed 16-Sep-09 14:46:01

does jacqueline wilson have a lot of rings? I never noticed!

I think on different hands it is fine, I wouldn't personally go for different on the same hand.

pagwatch Wed 16-Sep-09 14:46:26

Actually I have mixed metal.

I have a gold wedding ring and for our anniverary DH bought me a replacement for my engagement ring .
The wedding ring cost £19.99 and is very cheap gold. We bought it 20 years ago when we were broke and I love it still smile.

But my tastes have changed and DH bought me a platinum diamond solitaire to replace my engagement ring.
When I put it on I was very surprised that it is fine. It looks lovely. But then I have a wrist watch which is a mix of yellow and white gold so it doesn't actually seem that odd.
Dh offered to replace my wedding ring (shock and noooooo!) or get it dipped in white gold or platinum but I am happy

If it looks fine to you then it is fine.

HeadFairy Wed 16-Sep-09 14:54:39

Portblacks.. I can't seem to find it on the companies website... going to call them to see if they've got it, but it's similar to these however the stone sits in the middle of the two ends of the band iyswim... a bit like a tension set ring (but the band on the ring I like is different)

I can have my choice of stone or metal for the ring. I thought I might get a ruby as it's my birth stone....

HeadFairy Wed 16-Sep-09 14:57:59

a-ha, found the rings I saw Just can't decide what metal to go for...

Oooh that's lovely, I much prefer it in silver if that's any helpsmile.

NoahDear Wed 16-Sep-09 15:59:07

i hate lots of rings
naffola

ThePhantomPlopper Wed 16-Sep-09 16:17:48

They are nice, like them in silver.

I only wear a wedding and engagement ring, both the same metal, but I don't suppose it matters, especially if it's on the other hand.

Tortington Wed 16-Sep-09 16:19:16

i like wearing the odd costume ring

i prefer silver - i think gold looks naff

so i take my wedding ring off becuase i prefer co-ordination

PortBlacksandResident Wed 16-Sep-09 16:34:21

Very pretty - Head Fairy - deffo in silver.

Is it me or Jacqueline? LOL

But i shall take them all off immediately now i know it offends Noah hmm.

HeadFairy Wed 16-Sep-09 16:58:45

I wasn't going to wear more than one Noah, budget don't extend that far!

I quite like the silver ones too, especially the ones with the little gold bits by the stone... that's why I was asking if it's ok to mix my gold wedding ring with a silver ring, but then the ring I was going to buy had both metals in too, so I'm being dim really aren't I?

twelveyeargap Wed 16-Sep-09 17:01:11

I think it's better to at least keep one hand one metal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now