Talk

Advanced search

Soon to be not pregnant and looking for boots to suit my soon to be slimline silhoette (hah!)

(15 Posts)
LadyGooGoo Wed 16-Sep-09 10:10:00

Yep, another boots thread!

Right you stylish lot, am pregnant with ds3 which makes 3 boys under 4 and 28 months out of last 55 having stomach the size of various spherical fruits (currently watermelon!).

Sooo, am looking forward to being back to 'myself' and have been looking at my wardrobe. I have:

Leggings
Black Skinnies
Dark blue skinnies
Long grandad grey cardies
Grey sweater dress
Various long T-shirts

What I need is a pair of boots to pull outfits together. So after quietly sniggering to myself at all those teenage girls with comb over fringes and waay too much eyeliner, see myself liking these:

midlife crisis looming!

Reason being, am a size 9 (ie 43 not 42 thanks shoe shops) and you're supposed to buy these boots a size lower than you need. So I might finally be comfortable in something other than men's Converse!

Am I mad? Are they waterproof?

please help me!!

Thanks for reading extraordinarily long post grin

LadyGooGoo Wed 16-Sep-09 11:02:51

And I thought asking for an opinion on MN was inviting trouble - what is everyone doing?

Help!!

Pretty please wink

picklesrule Wed 16-Sep-09 11:04:35

I am exactly the same.. almost no longer pregnant and looking for comfy boots! I have a pair of normal uggs and they are soo comfy..I think these look a bit less scruffy though so I would say go for it.
Have just found some on this website though www.londonuggstore.com/ugg-classic-cardy-boots/grey-genuine-cardy-ugg-boots.html
that seem to be even cheaper..
How do you know if they are genuine/websites aren't dodgy??

moodlumthehoodlum Wed 16-Sep-09 11:06:14

I have these I have these <jumps up and down> and I love them dearly. Its all I can do not to wear them with everything.

I did wear them with a skirt yesterday and they looked ridiculous, but apart from that they are great.

picklesrule Wed 16-Sep-09 11:06:24

Oh they are not waterproof though I don't think..

moodlumthehoodlum Wed 16-Sep-09 11:08:31

not in the slightest bit waterproof.

LadyGooGoo Wed 16-Sep-09 11:12:14

Oooh thank you!

picklesrule they certainly look genuine, have label on heel and say that they are made by Ugg Australia and £40, bargain!

And hurrah! someone else who's got them - moodlumthehoodlum, are they waterproof?

LadyGooGoo Wed 16-Sep-09 11:12:35

Bah!

picklesrule Wed 16-Sep-09 11:16:32

That is a bargain... I think I will get some as well! I think they will look good with all the clothes you listed (which is pretty much my winter wardrobe also!)

Feelingoptimistic Wed 16-Sep-09 14:22:37

Can I just say that I would be a bit careful, because they are too cheap to be the real thing.

notjustapuppymum Wed 16-Sep-09 16:22:20

They're not genuine uggs. Sorry to disappoint you.

picklesrule Wed 16-Sep-09 16:34:54

Thought it might be too good to be true!

gomez Wed 16-Sep-09 16:38:28

DD (aged 9) has these, size four and they are not large made. I know this having borrowed hers last weekend smile. Very comfy but I am a size 4 and they fitted me perfectly.

LadyGooGoo Wed 16-Sep-09 18:14:56

Arghhh!

Back to the drawing board then I 'spose. Any ideas on boots below £50 that must be flat and size 9? <hopeful>

gomez Wed 16-Sep-09 22:03:10

Try here:

www.bigshoeboutique.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/MCategory_14052_30086_-1_14051

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now