Talk

Advanced search

Help - shoes

(12 Posts)
captainpig Tue 15-Sep-09 20:57:32

I need help (I have no sense of style/what works footwear wise). I quite like these shoes here. Could I wear them with jeans, if so what would I wear on my foot, ie bare feet, tights/pop sock things (if so what colour), or normal wool socks? I haven't bought these shoes yet, but have tried them on and they are so comfortable.

LetThemEatCake Tue 15-Sep-09 21:01:48

I am so sorry, and I don't necessarily have any sense of style either, but I think those shoes are not very nice.

If you were going to wear them they might be better with trousers than with jeans (something about shiny patent and denim combo is wrong) and yes you would need a tights/ stocking thingy, either flesh or black I guess,

HTH

captainpig Tue 15-Sep-09 21:26:03

Don't be sorry, I have a mental block where footwear is concerned - it's just the unstructurered range from Clarks are soooo comfortable. Never mind, will suffer blisters rather than look frumpy/odd!

LetThemEatCake Tue 15-Sep-09 21:30:46

would you consider the plain black/ brown versions rather than the patent? would be an improvement i think..

captainpig Tue 15-Sep-09 21:48:13

Yes, plain leather would be fine. Thanks for being so softly softly about my poor taste! Are any of these better for wearing with trousers or jeans these or these or even these - please be honest, I can take it!

dexter73 Tue 15-Sep-09 21:53:35

I like the Un Book in black or brown.

captainpig Tue 15-Sep-09 21:57:30

Thanks dexter73,with jeans? Barefoot or stocking/tight thingy - flesh or black coloured? TA

LetThemEatCake Tue 15-Sep-09 22:07:08

I agree Un Book are best - not so school shoe-ish/ Minnie Mouse-ish as the others... absolutely fine with jeans but your feet will be cold before too long if you try to do them barefoot so either a black or flesh tights thingy depending on what your top half is doing!!

captainpig Tue 15-Sep-09 22:12:19

Thanks both of you, I do have boots that I usually wear with jeans, but would like a comfortable pair of shoes that I could wear with trousers and jeans.

LetThemEatCake Tue 15-Sep-09 22:23:54

style is nothing without comfort wink

llareggub Tue 15-Sep-09 22:33:36

If you are going to buy them, here is a code for 20% off:BTS0920. Valid until the 27th.

captainpig Tue 15-Sep-09 23:22:09

Thank you llareggub

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now