Talk

Advanced search

One shot at Guildford - help needed!!

(6 Posts)
magnummum Tue 15-Sep-09 20:15:10

Ok so it's another wedding plea. I'm 5ft4 and breastfeeding 18 week old twins.

Usually size 8 pear, current state of affairs difficult to gauge as don't have full length mirror in house! Didn't put on much weight other than the babies during pregnancy but what I did put on and my bf reserves are all in my bum so I think I'm an 8-10 top and 12-14 bottom hmm.

Have my cousin's wedding coming up which I'm reading at and then 3 naming ceremonies including our twins' so ideally would like something that can do for all. Have been following the various other wedding threads and found a few dresses online that I think may be ok but not great for b/f - maybe need to go down skirt and top route? Anyway, Mil in situ next week so have one day to leg it round Guildford which is my nearest decent shopping. Any ideas very gratefully received. (About to order Spanx as post natal body starting to get to me this time round). Usual style for that kind of event, quite elegant but haven't done elegant for quite some time....

smackapacka Tue 15-Sep-09 20:20:24

Congratulations - you sound like wonder woman!

Start at House of Fraser and work your way up the high street!

HandbagAddiction Tue 15-Sep-09 20:23:39

If it's mid week (as it's quite late notice), why don't you give the personal shopping people in House of Fraser a call. It's completely free - you tell them the occasion, what kind of thing you nornally go for, size, colours, etc. and then you stay in a changing room for 2 hours and they rush around bringing you loads of stuff inclusing shoes and accessories. They offer advice and opinion on whether thing are right or not and if you're not convinced, you just walk away - or if you love it - you buy it!!

Importantly though - it's free and HofF Guildford has got some fab concessions in it these days - I have bought loads of stuff from them this year....

Otherwise there's a separate Ghost or Whistles. Debenhm has got a Julien MacDonald designed collection now too......

smackapacka Tue 15-Sep-09 20:28:17

oh yes My Mum used a personal shopper for my wedding. Marvellous!

magnummum Tue 15-Sep-09 21:25:23

Lol at wonderwoman Smackapacka - will at least look like her if I don't get further than the Spanx! Liking the personal shopper suggestion too smile

Ewe Tue 15-Sep-09 21:31:07

French Connection might be worth a look?.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now