Talk

Advanced search

So how old is to old to get your boobs out then?

(20 Posts)
Shoshe Tue 15-Sep-09 15:56:21

Reading here

I certainly wouldnt wear something like that to my DS's wedding, (I was suitably covered up and formally Mother Of The Groom grin)

But I flash my cleavage rather regularly (profile to prove it grin) and I am 50, which according to the article is pushing it.

When would you say STOP!

ThePhantomPlopper Tue 15-Sep-09 15:59:21

I'd say (going by the pics) when your breasts start to resemble Cilla Blacks would be a good time to stop.

There is this grandmother (in her 60's) who has fantastic tits, I got caught staring at them during the school run in the summer.

Lizzylou Tue 15-Sep-09 15:59:22

I think when the cleavage is all crepey (which yours is not from the profile, v impressive grin).

There was a similar furore a few years ago when Raquel Welch was Mother of the groom, wasn't there? She had on a v tight dress, v low cut.

RubyrubyrubyRevel Tue 15-Sep-09 16:00:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lizzylou Tue 15-Sep-09 16:00:51

Yep, just looked, Raquel is pictured in the article. She looks good though.

Bleh Tue 15-Sep-09 16:09:17

Well, I think she looks AMAZING (wish my boobs looked like that), but there's a time and a place. Your son's wedding: NO. It is the bride's day, not the future MIL's. Other times, say to cocktail parties, hanging around the house, that's fine. If you've got it, flaunt it

NoahDear Tue 15-Sep-09 16:12:50

i think she looks nice

MaggieBeauLeo Tue 15-Sep-09 16:18:00

I was always wary of showing too much, so I wouldn't have worn that at 25!

But she looks ok still. Somehow, don't quite know how. Although maybe better for the opera or a party.

I think the bride (any bride) is the one who has to be careful not to reveal too much.

Of course it's her day, and she is the one who is going to look fabulous. But she has to do that without competing with guests' cleavages.

purpleduck Tue 15-Sep-09 16:21:04

ooh, I hate the whole age/ whats "appropriate" thing. I just think if you WANT to wear something, then surely by the age of 60 you've earned the right to do so. Who says that by the time a woman is 60, they should stop feeling womanly?

Most women spend half their lives restricting themselves, so why should they enter the lilac coat dress bigade just because of their age.

SO, yes, they should wear what they damn well like, and if they've got the goods, then even better.

And I think Raquel could have worn a sack and people woul have still been looking at her, taking her photo - so she may as well wear something fab.

And Fay Dunnaway!!!!!! shock

I almost want to wax lyrical on her milky white bosoms grin

Bleh Tue 15-Sep-09 16:22:20

Cilla looks rubbish though. Put them away love. (have no respect for her after her appearance on Gok when she came across as a complete cow).

HeadFairy Tue 15-Sep-09 16:23:10

I think if you've still got it why not? They always say if you can get away with it then you should...

Going by those pics in the DM I'd say Princess Michael of Kent looks fab, so does Racquel Welch, Helen Mirren and Faye Dunaway. Why do women have to stop being sexual and attractive just because they're over a certain age? If they like dressing like that, then I think they should. Actually, scrap that, I don't care if they've got crepey boobs either, get 'em out!!!

LovelyTinOfSpam Tue 15-Sep-09 16:26:30

god why not? who cares? older woman has breasts shocker? weird.

TaylorSwift Tue 15-Sep-09 18:53:17

I think OTT cleavage is just wrong whatever your age. Why do you want strangers to see your thr'pennies, pushed up and thrust forth like two grapefruits on a breakfast plate? 18 or 80- put 'em away FFS!

CybilLiberty Tue 15-Sep-09 18:56:23

babs baps

LovelyTinOfSpam Tue 15-Sep-09 19:02:47

Cybil I assumed it was going to be barbara windsor grin

BeyonceLovesKanye Tue 15-Sep-09 21:19:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cruelladepoppins Wed 16-Sep-09 18:38:26

Yuck - screams "look at me!" and I don't think it's appropriate for a church wedding.

Outwith that situation (or funeral or job interview hmm), if you feel comfy doing it, you do it. Tend to keep mine for posh evening events (aged 45 and they are still fantastic) - but then I've always been like that. Mind you, in the past 10 years I have fought shy of wearing strapless frocks because it just looks like acres of flesh on display!)

bigTillyMint Wed 16-Sep-09 18:42:24

It's not a problem when you don't have a cleavage sad!

pasturesnew Wed 16-Sep-09 18:48:30

I think Princess Michael of Kent looks good in that picture actually and not too inappropriate, as I was looking more at her jewels than her boobs!

EldonAve Wed 16-Sep-09 18:53:34

I think you are never too old

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now