Talk

Advanced search

Hair suddenly all static-y. Why?! And how do I stop it?

(6 Posts)
DottyDot Tue 15-Sep-09 13:11:14

Only MNers can help with this one...

In the past few weeks my hair has gone completely static-y - goes bonkers when I brush it - flies out and then plasters itself to my head (lovely).

Haven't changed shampoo/conditioner/anything.

Any advice on how to de-static it - I either look like the wild woman of Borneo or like I've just slept in a motorbike helmet... grin

Roomfor2 Tue 15-Sep-09 13:18:56

Have you got your heating on? Or working somewhere where the heating is on? I find that makes mine go very static.

Few drops of water on your brush gets rid of it immediately, but not really a long-term solution. In your house, you could try putting a saucer of water on the radiators. The water neutralises the ions that cause the static.

RubyrubyrubyRevel Tue 15-Sep-09 13:19:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Megglevache Tue 15-Sep-09 13:19:53

put quite a bit of hairspray on your brush then brush through hair.

Naetha Tue 15-Sep-09 13:22:19

Have you changed your shoes?

My hair goes really static in winter cos I wear rubber soled slippers on our * gasp * nylon carpets.

DottyDot Tue 15-Sep-09 13:57:29

ooh - thanks for the responses!

Haven't got the heating on (we're well 'ard up North grin) and haven't changed my shoes.

Will try the silk scarf thing - although haven't got a silk scarf either!

Will try hairspray as well.

You don't think it's my age do you - do you get static-y hair when you hit your 40's or something..?! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now