Talk

Advanced search

I have a single breasted bright red moleskin coat I want to liven up with hat/scarf/gloves...

(12 Posts)
hereidrawtheline Tue 15-Sep-09 10:48:34

I normally just get black hat/scarf/gloves as its classy & simple but I was thinking of doing something a little different this year, like maybe blue or multi-coloured. Dont know really! My coat is bright red. I think I would like a nice soft knitted hat, like a beany but not one with a huge droopy bit like a full condom at the end, just a gentle beanie if that makes sense. That is my only requirement. Hat scarf and gloves must coordinate. Any ideas? New look and debenhams have turned up ok individual things but no 3 things I could think to put together, nor ebay.

wishingchair Tue 15-Sep-09 10:54:52

Grey would go nice but might not be dramatic effect you are after!

hereidrawtheline Tue 15-Sep-09 11:15:43

oh I love grey, its one of my 3 fav colours, grey, old gold and georgian blue!

MrsBadger Tue 15-Sep-09 11:38:43

you have a bright red coat and you want to liven it up?

[runs]

Pannacotta Tue 15-Sep-09 11:43:18

How about adding lovely unusual buttons?

I find red coats usually need toning down rather than livening up, but there we are....

hereidrawtheline Tue 15-Sep-09 14:10:51

perhaps I should say, a dash of colour like rather than just black and red, red, blue and grey!

MadreInglese Tue 15-Sep-09 14:13:27

Stick with your normal woolies and find a nice big funky brooch to wear on the coat

shopalot Tue 15-Sep-09 14:28:05

in grey or cream

hereidrawtheline Tue 15-Sep-09 14:34:43

I like that hat shopalot!

And Madre I think you are right, love the idea of a big brooch. Thanks!

shopalot Tue 15-Sep-09 15:04:23

There is a matching scarf as well....

KnickersandVests Tue 15-Sep-09 15:09:45

I was just skimming active convos and saw the thread title and read it as "I have a single breastFED bright red moleskin coat...."

I thought, come on! We've had extended BFing, BFing cats and now coats? WTF is going on?

But no...as you were smile

hereidrawtheline Tue 15-Sep-09 17:32:08

to be fair if I were breast feeding my coat I'd need carting off somewhere

but no I am simply accessorising it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now