Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So, how did our waterproofs hold out in the rain? Review thread!

(10 Posts)
Jumente Tue 15-Sep-09 09:55:35

Thought we ought to compare notes for the benefit of anyone who hasn't yet got something for rainy days.

I wore my mac this morning in pelting rain. It was completely waterproof, BUT as it is knee length my knees got rather dripped on!

I hate full length coats so will put up with that. I had dry shoulders which counts far more. smile

Also Barbour wax hat was very good, except it blew off once, and when I tilted my head the water tipped out of the brim onto whatever item was under me grin
Not great in WH Smiths.

Mac is a Liberty Macintosh btw.
I have yet to test the Boden Cloudspotter properly.

Next?

FlyMeToDunoon Tue 15-Sep-09 10:02:58

bump and can I know what knee length waterproof coats are available this year please.
With links please.
Not demanding me eh.

macherie Tue 15-Sep-09 10:06:52

I have last years boden cloudspotter and it has kept me dry in pouring rain, but it has no lining so I have to wear layers underneath.

Jumente Tue 15-Sep-09 10:08:48

no lining Macherie? That's odd, mine does.,..maybe I have the rainy day or something?

Flyme I will try and link you a couple. my mac was on ebay so thus 50 quid rather than the RRP of 495 or whatever, which I would never pay as it is quite bulky being made of rubber stuff.

Wait there.

Jumente Tue 15-Sep-09 10:09:39

I rather like this for some reason.

FlyMeToDunoon Tue 15-Sep-09 10:12:41

Not sure about the zip off bit.
I have started a new thread here

macherie Tue 15-Sep-09 10:18:51

sorry jumente it does have a lining but it's a light cotton one, rather than a lining that would keep you warm!

chattermouse Tue 15-Sep-09 12:59:40

Boden cloudspotter here in multi. It is nearly sold out in this colourway now though. Looks beautiful and keeps me lovely and dry. Agree that layers will be needed under it in winter though. V happy so far.

Jumente Tue 15-Sep-09 16:34:15

Ah smile

I guess it depends where you live, but last winter I rarely needed a really thick coat - and when I took one out I usually ended up carrying it. I think a thinner outer coat plus several layers is probably the way to go, unless it is extremely cold a lot where you live.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 15-Sep-09 16:45:30

I have this years Boden raincoat from spring/summer, I got it in the sale.

It's showerproof but I got damp shoulders when it bucketed down.

I've got a regatta jacket which is completely waterproof but also completely bereft of stylegrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now