Talk

Advanced search

Ugg Boots...

(7 Posts)
RumourOfAHurricane Tue 15-Sep-09 08:45:13

Message withdrawn

noddyholder Tue 15-Sep-09 08:47:41

Emu and ugg are both way superior to the high st ones.I bought a pair of uggs years ago and they still look great and I think I wore them for 3 winters in a row and now wear them occasionally.So warm and waterproof and I never wear socks with them either they feel lovely on bare feet.

Ponders Tue 15-Sep-09 09:10:13

Have a look at this thread, shineon.

Actual "official" Uggs are made in China by an American company.

There are links on the thread to a couple of proper Aus companies & 1 British one who make Ugg style boots, probably better quality, for less. (Only risk with the Aus ones is you might get charged import duty)

(Actually the Celtic ones are still expensive but not as bad as the official uggs)

dexter73 Tue 15-Sep-09 10:30:36

Emu boots are very good. I know someone who has them and they are very good quality. I have had a pair of Emu slippers for a few years now and they are still going strong. Also Danni Minogue wears them so what better recommendation could you ask for hmm?!

JulesJules Tue 15-Sep-09 10:33:27

I can recommend the Celtic sheepskin ones, have had mine for years and still going strong.

They do great boots for kids too.

Ponders Tue 15-Sep-09 11:08:00

My daughter has Emus & I have Uggs - the Emus are OK but IMO the Uggs have better soles, thicker & less slippy. She wore hers virtually every day last winter & they are still quite good (a new pair would be better though!)

My Uggs were a silly price from M&M Direct last winter though (about £60) - next time I'll be buying either Celtic or the genuine Aus ones.

MissisBoot Tue 15-Sep-09 11:34:40

Ooh - I've got Celtic ones and they are lovely - splashed out on some slippers too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now