Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dh wants to buy me a watch for my birthday... any ideas?

(8 Posts)
Umlellala Tue 15-Sep-09 08:42:09

Want something nice but don't want to spend a fortune - so around/under £50? Maybe?

Have no idea. Needs to be able to be worn for occasional work (am teacher so smart-casual) and out. I am quite boho scruffy and small. I don't even know where to begin, last time I wore a watch it was a dainty vintage looking thing but dh likes the look of leather cuff styles, am not sure.

Help me!! Thanks grin

teafortwo Tue 15-Sep-09 09:06:45

Over the summer I had a wonderful day helping my cousin choose a watch for her 18th birthday. We really noiced that the ones we loved on the internet we weren't impressed by in real life. Ones we didn't like we really liked in real life. Watches really need to be looked at touched, tried on, looked at closely...

She is petite too and the big ones looked a bit funny on her tbh. She ended up getting something quite dainty.

I think you should go to a nice big town or ciy and have a good look in all the shops.

We ended up geting a citizen watch which really suited her and seem to be pretty good quality too... A little over budget maybe - but IMO good strong watches...

www.citizenwatch.com/CUK/English/browse.asp

teafortwo Tue 15-Sep-09 09:11:16

I like Seiko watches for quality too...

www.seiko.co.uk/

Have fun smile - watch shopping is such fun!!!

glasgowlass Tue 15-Sep-09 09:14:32

hot watches I have used this site in the past, I would have a look in stores to see a watch I liked then order from here. very fast delivery and 1 year guarantee.

brimfull Tue 15-Sep-09 12:29:39

I have a fossil watch.

here

looks like they don't do mine anymore though

hanaflowerhatestheDM Tue 15-Sep-09 12:32:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Umlellala Tue 15-Sep-09 13:27:49

Cool, thanks. I will try to find a day when dh and I can go watch shopping (without kids - double the present grin)

snowybaby Tue 15-Sep-09 15:33:58

amazon got some nice watch at 70% off.

dkny

all 70% off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now