Talk

Advanced search

You know that loose crepey skin that people who have lost stones and stones and stones get? Having babies did that to my tummy. Am I really the only one?

(48 Posts)
MaMight Tue 15-Sep-09 07:52:08

I'm not fat. I'm a reasonable size 12.

I had two enormous, full term (overdue actually) babies.

The skin on my tummy is sort of loose and crepey. If I stretch it back (and pin it on each side with a clothes peg perhaps?) it would be fine.

All my friends wear bikinis to the pool, and while none of us are exactly Elle McPhereson, I'm the only one in an aunty swimming costume.

I look like I must have lost 20 stones at some point. The babies weren't quite that big.

I know there are worse things. Just want someone to tell me that I'm not the only one.

TreeTrunkThighs Tue 15-Sep-09 07:54:50

I could have written your post. Two enormous full term, overdue babies and as a result a crepey belly.

I have to say though that I have never really been a bikini wearer so don't miss that.

So, you are not the only one!

Bannyfucket Tue 15-Sep-09 07:56:34

Me too!

HarlotOTara Tue 15-Sep-09 07:59:27

No you are not. I am not overweight but the skin on my tummy became like this after the birth of my eldest dd. I did have pre-eclampsia before she was born and ballooned in the last month so was enormous (lost 3 stone in a week after the birth and that was just fluid). She was 8lbs 4 oz when born not huge but not small either. I have always assumed this was the cause. I am on a plan to improve my stomach muscles in the hope that something will happen. However did see a photo Julia Roberts with a belly/skin like mine so have begun to think this maybe more usual than I think

bamboobutton Tue 15-Sep-09 08:02:53

me too!

i was a teeny size 8 when i got pregnant and my bump was colossal! i put on alot of weight after he was born so that pads out the sagging, crepey, stretchmarked skin. i'm a bit scared of losing weight because i dread to think what my tum will look like.

echofalls Tue 15-Sep-09 08:03:11

me too smile this happened after my second big baby - 10lbs, I too lost 3 stone within days of the birth. after my third it just got worse. It doesn't bother me that much it did when I was younger, but now its my droopy boobs that I dislike the most....sigh shock

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 15-Sep-09 08:11:10

I've got the same problem. I'm not overweight, 12-14 but have had it since Ds1 was born.

My stomach is horrid; stretchmarked and crepey, wobbles like jelly. It's been made worse by a scar across my pubic bone which causes the crepey skin to overhang.

I'm past caring TBH. I look ok with clothes on and DH went through the births and surgery with me so he accepts my body the way it is too.

MaMight Tue 15-Sep-09 08:13:07

I don't think exercise makes any difference to the skin. I can tone up my belly and be a better shape, but the skin still sags. It looks like I'm melting!

Glad it's not just me though. Was starting to feel freakish.

AnyFucker Tue 15-Sep-09 08:15:19

well at least it is just your belly smile

my belly and boobs are like this, the infrastructure of the skin and underlying support has just gone

yet I weigh the same and am a size 10-12

this is why celebs have tummytucks and boobjobs, straight after the caesarian section !

MaMight Tue 15-Sep-09 08:19:53

I am in complete denial about what my boobs might look like when I stop having babies and wean the last one. I have a feeling the milk throughput is all that's keeping them alive and once ds weans (thankfully an unlikely prospect this decade at least hmm) they will resemble sad, wrinkled, gone down party balloons.

[I might be a toddler feeding weirdo but at least I have cleavage emoticon]

TheDMshouldbeRivened Tue 15-Sep-09 08:22:15

same here. 4 babies. Skin was stretched to size of earth. I'm a 12, low BMI but have this 'pudding' of lose crepey skin where my flat tummy used to be.
Exercise doesn't tighten skin/. Only thing that would work is a tummy tuck but I cant be arsed.

sybilfaulty Tue 15-Sep-09 08:26:30

Ma, another one here. Not fat but a comfort roll of loose skins adorning my tum after 3 pg (I had a nearly 10lber and excess fluid with the first, and whilst the other 2 were smaller, I was not). Boobs will be spaniel's ears too once I stop feeding. As others have said, I am OK clothed so that is pretty much all that matters.

Would a tankini help you get your mojo back?

PortBlacksandResident Tue 15-Sep-09 08:30:47

Yes and why so many celebs have CSections at 8 months - before they balloon.

MaMight Tue 15-Sep-09 10:02:13

I didn't have a stretch mark the week before my due date. Wish I was a sleb.

wishingchair Tue 15-Sep-09 10:29:11

Me too ... no stretch marks but crepey skin. Also size 12. 2 babies - both 9 days overdue, 1 nearly 10lb, other nearly 9lb. DDs like kneading it in manner of bread making.

Teeny tiny boobs now too. 34A. Sob.

curlyredhead Tue 15-Sep-09 10:30:51

I am overweight and my tummy looks like this - twins did for my tummy big time. I'm scared to lose wieght, really, for fear of what my tum is going to end up like....

tulpe Tue 15-Sep-09 11:37:28

Me too. Am a size 8 but have crepey tummy. No amount of ab exercises help although the Tupler method is better than straight forward crunches. It is based on only working the oblique muscles to tighten "the corset" and therefore pull you in more.

In terms of dealing with the skin itself, I have found Mama Mio Tummy Toner and Get Waisted to be fab products. The effects do not last once you stop using them. However, I started using them 6 weeks before a holiday in June this year and by the time I left the skin was much improved - smoother and definitely less wrinkled.

I buck the trend for covering up by always wearing a bikini on holiday, covering up with a kaftan where necessary. Life is too short and I really couldn't bare to sit in the heat with a swimsuit on. I do wear a swimsuit for swimming at the gym though.

I am considering a tummy tuck but just not certain I can put myself through unnecessary surgery.

AcrylicAfternoons Tue 15-Sep-09 11:43:26

Me too. I only have one child - but I am only small (5ft 3) and I had a giganormous bump, and went overdue too.

Am same weight now as before but have a crepey tummy, and annoyingly I look permanently about 4 months pregnant, no matter what exercise I do. I think the em caesarian section did that to me

It's crap

Carrotfly Tue 15-Sep-09 11:47:22

I think we just have to embrace the full old aunty swimming costume look.

Its far more sophisticated than the stringy bikini anyday.

Isn't it ?

morningpaper Tue 15-Sep-09 11:49:28

I have that. Grr.

I recommend a vast array of camisoles and negligees

Always wear a swimming costume

and never ever do doggy

sadhoney Tue 15-Sep-09 11:49:41

Mine is like this to after to large babies one being nearly 12lb and I am a size 10/12.

I wear a bikini but I am really quite embarrassed by my stomach.

Mybox Tue 15-Sep-09 11:51:14

Me too.

Carrotfly Tue 15-Sep-09 11:53:31

grin at 'never ever do doggy'

ABitBatty Tue 15-Sep-09 12:18:55

I have it too. I am 5'1" and had a 10lb7.5oz DS via CS and I have lost 5 stone since (doing SW) my boobs are also starting to go like saggy deflated balloons, although still bf sad My tummy is awful, like a big saggy rubber ring that sits on my lap. It also bloats outwards badly and I look 5 months pregnant sad
We'll all have to go on holiday together grin

TheCrackFox Tue 15-Sep-09 12:27:07

My boobs are fine, but my stomach is revolting. <sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now