Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

New job, 1st night out with everyone, I know this top sounds dodgy, but its quite nice on, what do you think?

(11 Posts)
mummytowillow Mon 14-Sep-09 22:00:46

I've just started a new job after moving 300 miles because my marriage broke up, I've been invited out on a boozy night out with everyone and want to look good, because I've been feeling sorry for myself!!

I'm a on the smaller side of a 16, have got lovely black jeans with detailing on them, was going to get some high sandals/shoes and have tried this top on here now I know it says LUREX!! But its not that sparkly, its quite flattering but I'm not sure, I've got big boobs and am selfish of my wobbly baby tummy! I was going to get a silver and black long necklace to put with it??

Honest opinions please and some suggestions of alternatives if you hate it!! wink

mummytowillow Mon 14-Sep-09 22:01:27

Thats supposed to say 'self conscious' of my baby tummy!

DrNortherner Mon 14-Sep-09 22:02:36

I like it and love the outfit you describe. Have a good night!!

hanaflowerhatestheDM Mon 14-Sep-09 22:03:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnyFucker Mon 14-Sep-09 22:06:35

I like it, sounds like just the ticket

Now all you need is red lippy, a statemt necklace, some attitude and way-hayyyyy you go wink

screamingskull Mon 14-Sep-09 22:09:14

think it looks great,will look fab with the black jeans etc

also it will hide your baby tum no prob so you won't need to feel self conscious have a lovely night smile

MaryMotherOfCheeses Mon 14-Sep-09 22:10:45

You're right. It sounds dodgy.

But when I opened the link, it's quite nice smile

PinkTulips Mon 14-Sep-09 22:11:08

looks lovely, i think you'll look gorgeous smile

dollybird Mon 14-Sep-09 22:15:29

it looks realy nice - I would wear it. And I think the gathery bit atthe bottom would hide any baby tummy - have a fab night out!

SixtyFootDoll Mon 14-Sep-09 22:20:00

loving the top - might buy it myself.
Have a good night!
Sounds like you deserve it.

Elemental Mon 14-Sep-09 22:31:18

I concur, nice top and your outfit sounds fab. Black and silver is always a winner in my book.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: