Talk

Advanced search

wrist warmers - are we warmign chestnuts in dickensian London or wot?

(16 Posts)
NoahAmin Mon 14-Sep-09 13:58:41

oh aha! they call them "fingerless gloves"

i stood there htinking are these ankle warmers for mice or what

Iklboo Mon 14-Sep-09 14:00:33

What's wrong with pulling your sleeves down a bit?

NoahAmin Mon 14-Sep-09 14:01:16

theya re odd arent they

BunnyLebowski Mon 14-Sep-09 14:13:48

I see your wrist warmers and I raise you

this beauty!

WTF?

millenniumfalcon Mon 14-Sep-09 14:16:48

couldn't live without mine, but then i am nesh and wear them in the house all winter, are great for typing mine are actually gloves though, not just tubey things. i just got new longer ones that go over my elbows :P

squeaver Mon 14-Sep-09 14:19:20

Oh wrist warmers are so fecking Brora. They're the sort of thing my mother gives me for Christmas. You open them and go "ookaay.."

millenniumfalcon Mon 14-Sep-09 14:21:00

next time your mother gives you unwanted brora wristwarmers squeaver you're more than welcome to send them on to me

MrsBadger Mon 14-Sep-09 14:38:26

they are a reaction to coats with farking 'bracelet' sleeves ie half way up yr arms

get a proper coat and, ta-da, no need for them

MitchyInge Mon 14-Sep-09 14:43:23

I bet they're great if you have Raynauds or something, might get some myself blush

squeaver Mon 14-Sep-09 14:47:05

Deal, mf grin Will you take the bath salts too?

millenniumfalcon Mon 14-Sep-09 15:04:51

hell yeah

dexter73 Mon 14-Sep-09 15:55:32

I was given some Brora wristwarmers for Christmas last year and have worn them more than I thought I would. I have a feeling they were a recycled present as when I looked them up on the website to see how much they cost I couldn't find them!

mollyroger Mon 14-Sep-09 16:09:40

I wear wrist warmers in office in winter as so many sleeves are 3/4 length. Plus we are under the eaves in an elderly attic (and lit by candlelight wink)

I'll happilt take any unwanted cashmere ones off your hands grin

BornToFolk Mon 14-Sep-09 16:12:34

I love wrist warmers. I have knitted several pairs and they are brilliant. I have long arms so always have a bit of bare wrist poking out and wrist warms deal with them nicely.

I make much better ones than those M&S ones though!

Dorothyredboots Mon 14-Sep-09 20:26:05

I too love wristwarmers. I live oop North and work in a draughty, cold reception area and they are great and really cosy. I'm actually going to ask Santa for some cashmere ones this year. And architect DH has expressed an interest for some for when he is out on site in winter and can't wear gloves as he still has to make notes etc. I also confess to wearing black legwarmers over opaques as I find them warmer than boots. (But I am considering a pair of Uggs to secrete my feet in under the desk...)

frakkinpannikin Mon 14-Sep-09 21:20:13

I also absolutely adore wristwarmers - very practical when you need fingers free but want to cover the rest of your hands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now