Advanced search

What boots can I wear with skinny jeans?

(15 Posts)
BalloonSlayer Mon 14-Sep-09 13:32:24

I have some boots on at the moment, into which my skinny jeans are tucked. But I have one of those tunic tops on as well and I look as if I am supposed to be appearing in panto.

Help please?

I love boots and am more than happy to buy more if none of the ones I have looks right.

<< wanders off, slapping thigh but resisting urge to declaim: "Ten miles from London and still no sign of Dick!" >>

mosschops30 Mon 14-Sep-09 13:37:37

How much money do you have?? I am currently drooling over a Russel and Bromley pair but theyre £295 shock
Will try and find a pic hang on

mosschops30 Mon 14-Sep-09 13:41:03

how odd, they dont seem to have a webiste. But anyway they are quite short boots with buckles on (in last weeks Heat magazine if you have one handy hmm)

I think you have to be careful with long boots, the more casual the better. I have a very expensive Cerutti pair that make me look like Im in Puss in Boots blush have worn them about twice!

BerylCole Mon 14-Sep-09 13:55:14

I think most boots go with skinnies - cowboy boots, slouchy leather boots, Uggs or furry winter boots, riding boots. I avoid stiletto styles, as I feel tarty in them.

pcworld Mon 14-Sep-09 13:57:00

How about something like this?

I don't have these but thought they looked nice?

BalloonSlayer Mon 14-Sep-09 13:59:52

Thanks mosschops. How funny they don't have a website.

The ones I am wearing are mid-calf length. And they've got buckles! But they were £13 in the sale from a very embarrassingly old-fashioned shop. blush

I was chuffed to bits with them because I have very skinny calves and a lot of boots make me look as if I am wearing wellies.

At least it's not just be suffering from the "principal boy" look.

I would pay quite a bit for boots I was going to wear every day. But it seems to me that you can't tell in the shop whether that's the case. I have so many pairs languishing...

Fimbo Mon 14-Sep-09 14:01:41

BalloonSlayer Mon 14-Sep-09 14:03:03

I like those too, PCworld but I am quite old (45), and I worry about overdoing it.

Maybe the riding boots ones as Beryl suggested are more sedate for a lady of my age. Will probably have to fend off DH with rolled up newspaper however << ponders whether this is bad thing or not >>

BalloonSlayer Mon 14-Sep-09 14:04:28

Ooh those are nice Fimbo!

BalloonSlayer Mon 14-Sep-09 14:05:27

Should have said " at least it's not just me"

- I haven't even got a cold.

mosschops30 Mon 14-Sep-09 14:06:29

yes I love those too Fimbo

pcworld Mon 14-Sep-09 14:10:37

Balloon, I am 42 and don't have a clue, really! But I quite like those Next ones too and at least they are cheaper!

BalloonSlayer Tue 15-Sep-09 14:24:06

mosschops are they light or medium brown suede with three buckles?

Cause I went past R&B today and looked in the window to see what was £295.

They were yummy!

Thelongroadhome Tue 15-Sep-09 14:32:30

I love the Russel and Bromley ones too but too dear. They were linked to on some other thread on here. Gap have nice ones for £68 -black or brown with 2 buckles and nice soft leather. Was going to buy them with my 30% off but then found they didnt count so it put me off them but I think I will get them anyway.

everlong Tue 15-Sep-09 14:51:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now