Talk

Advanced search

What boots can I wear with skinny jeans?

(15 Posts)
BalloonSlayer Mon 14-Sep-09 13:32:24

Please?

I have some boots on at the moment, into which my skinny jeans are tucked. But I have one of those tunic tops on as well and I look as if I am supposed to be appearing in panto.

Help please?

I love boots and am more than happy to buy more if none of the ones I have looks right.

<< wanders off, slapping thigh but resisting urge to declaim: "Ten miles from London and still no sign of Dick!" >>

mosschops30 Mon 14-Sep-09 13:37:37

How much money do you have?? I am currently drooling over a Russel and Bromley pair but theyre £295 shock
Will try and find a pic hang on

mosschops30 Mon 14-Sep-09 13:41:03

how odd, they dont seem to have a webiste. But anyway they are quite short boots with buckles on (in last weeks Heat magazine if you have one handy hmm)

I think you have to be careful with long boots, the more casual the better. I have a very expensive Cerutti pair that make me look like Im in Puss in Boots blush have worn them about twice!

BerylCole Mon 14-Sep-09 13:55:14

I think most boots go with skinnies - cowboy boots, slouchy leather boots, Uggs or furry winter boots, riding boots. I avoid stiletto styles, as I feel tarty in them.

pcworld Mon 14-Sep-09 13:57:00

How about something like this?

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Shoes-and-Boots/Flat-Boots/AZ098/Womens-Biker-Boots.html

I don't have these but thought they looked nice?

BalloonSlayer Mon 14-Sep-09 13:59:52

Thanks mosschops. How funny they don't have a website.

The ones I am wearing are mid-calf length. And they've got buckles! But they were £13 in the sale from a very embarrassingly old-fashioned shop. blush

I was chuffed to bits with them because I have very skinny calves and a lot of boots make me look as if I am wearing wellies.

At least it's not just be suffering from the "principal boy" look.

I would pay quite a bit for boots I was going to wear every day. But it seems to me that you can't tell in the shop whether that's the case. I have so many pairs languishing...

Fimbo Mon 14-Sep-09 14:01:41

these

BalloonSlayer Mon 14-Sep-09 14:03:03

I like those too, PCworld but I am quite old (45), and I worry about overdoing it.

Maybe the riding boots ones as Beryl suggested are more sedate for a lady of my age. Will probably have to fend off DH with rolled up newspaper however << ponders whether this is bad thing or not >>

BalloonSlayer Mon 14-Sep-09 14:04:28

Ooh those are nice Fimbo!

BalloonSlayer Mon 14-Sep-09 14:05:27

Should have said " at least it's not just me"

- I haven't even got a cold.

mosschops30 Mon 14-Sep-09 14:06:29

yes I love those too Fimbo

pcworld Mon 14-Sep-09 14:10:37

Balloon, I am 42 and don't have a clue, really! But I quite like those Next ones too and at least they are cheaper!

BalloonSlayer Tue 15-Sep-09 14:24:06

mosschops are they light or medium brown suede with three buckles?

Cause I went past R&B today and looked in the window to see what was £295.

They were yummy!

Thelongroadhome Tue 15-Sep-09 14:32:30

I love the Russel and Bromley ones too but too dear. They were linked to on some other thread on here. Gap have nice ones for £68 -black or brown with 2 buckles and nice soft leather. Was going to buy them with my 30% off but then found they didnt count so it put me off them but I think I will get them anyway.

everlong Tue 15-Sep-09 14:51:59

Fimbo - I have those boots. They are great with skinny jeans aswell as slouch/boyfriend jeans too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now