Talk

Advanced search

thread veins/spider veins what to do?

(11 Posts)
zanz1bar Mon 14-Sep-09 11:11:27

Ok my nose and cheeks are covered in lots of broken veins/thread veins/spider veins/ broken cappilieries what ever you want to call them, my face looks like a tube map.

Yes I drink coffee, eat curry and gulp down red wine nightly and I am not about to change any of that.

So what can I do?
I have seen a few new creams in the sunday glossies that claim to work wonders, anyone tried them?
I had some electrolisis (?) a few years ago that worked on the big tube station like red splodges, is it worth doing again or should I try lazer whatever its called.

Really I want to know whats the Cheapest way to get the best reults.

brimfull Mon 14-Sep-09 11:14:36

on 10 yrs younger a while ago someone had laser to get rid os large spider naevi.

I have thread veins on my nostrils becasue of constant fog horn blowing of the nose due to allergies

I would love to have them zapped but they'd probably just come back as have never been able to control allergies

IPL is the way to go though

Carrotfly Mon 14-Sep-09 11:17:53

I think Bio oil is supposed to be good.

<< disclaimer haven't got any spider veins>>

Its about £15 from Boots.

Quite oily but certainly does the trick re small scars.

Love your honesty about your diet smile

brimfull Mon 14-Sep-09 11:21:35

I do not believe bio oil will do anything except make your skin softer

missmelly Mon 14-Sep-09 12:01:00

get them lazered off, it hurts, but if it makes you feel/look better, why not.

ReddyMealsAreNotWorthIt Mon 14-Sep-09 12:04:41

Bio oil doesn't make any difference.

Laser treatment does work (although mine do come back). I go to Cosmedicate in Harley Street and pay about £35 a time.

It doesn't really hurt, IME - unless you have them around your septum, where it will make your eyes water!

ReddyMealsAreNotWorthIt Mon 14-Sep-09 12:06:32

contact details here

ReddyMealsAreNotWorthIt Mon 14-Sep-09 12:07:53

Looks like they've changed their name ...

missmelly Mon 14-Sep-09 12:13:34

£35 is a good price, think I paid about £80 at SK:N to have a small birthmark done on my top lip, and it didnt remove it all

zanz1bar Mon 14-Sep-09 12:33:38

I am in deepest suffolk, so london clinics are out.

zanz1bar Mon 14-Sep-09 14:22:20

What about creams, can they really 'fade' red splodges and zigzag veins?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now