Talk

Advanced search

May have made a mistake buying this jacket

(5 Posts)
Ninks Mon 14-Sep-09 10:41:46

So I needed a school-run coat grin

There is no fashion parade at DD's school and I walk. Granted only ten minutes each way but soon it'll be cold and rainy and I'll have toddler DS in a pushchair so no umbrella.

DH wanted to treat me and although I really need a puffy casual-type hooded thing for wearing with the jeans I put on every day, I now have this:

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_18876_1158130_-1

It is lovely but mine is in a slightly larger size and other than black trousers I can't think what to wear with it. You'd think leggings and boots but only Kate Moss could get away with that as it's shorter than it looks. And this season's warm knitwear is all long, so that'll look silly too.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of taking it back now and DH will be disappointed sad

Hassled Mon 14-Sep-09 10:44:40

Could you not wear that with jeans and boots? It is very nice but yes, probably not very versatile. Could you run to a cheap hooded/practical solution as well, or does it have to be either/or?

Ninks Mon 14-Sep-09 10:45:52

I did see a practical one in M&S for £35 so yes, that's doable.

Maybe black or grey jeans would be better?

Mimi1977 Mon 14-Sep-09 14:09:27

I love it - think it's really stylish. Think you could get away with lots with it - black or brown and coloured stuff. Look lovely with jeans and skirts.

MrsBadger Mon 14-Sep-09 14:30:25

oh I liek it

I would wear it over jeans or cords, which to be fair is all I wear in the winter anyway

get a hat for drizzly days and a proper hooded waterproof for storms

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now