- Walking -
- Water -
- Body cream -
- Hand cream -
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm -
- Eat healthily -
- Be happy -

Everyone welcome

Personally I had a stressful weekend and its not been great bootcamp wise (post birthday blues?) but it's a new day and a new week and I have an event in 5 weeks that I really need to attend feeling good about myself... so, I've the motivation!

winnie09 Mon 14-Sep-09 12:42:44

Meant to add: the idea is that at the end of six weeks we all feel happier, healthier and glow with the good food, sleep, exercise, water and lack of sun damage grin

feetheart Mon 14-Sep-09 21:54:45

Thanks for the new thread Winnie. Sorry you have had a stressful w/e, isn't it one of the rules that Bootcamp is suspended when under duress?

Do tell about event (nosey emoticon needed!)
I'm up for 5 weeks of hardcore bootcamping though we are away camping this Friday-Tuesday which may involve open fires/bananas and choclate/marshmallows/and plenty of cake which is not really good bootcamping is it??

- Sunscreen - no, forgot again!
- No or little booze in week - tick
- Walking - 2 mile run this morning then school and pre-school and a wander round town with hopping/skipping boy
- Water - not brilliant
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - hope so
- Eat healthily - major chocolate fest this morning blush but OK for rest of day
- Be happy - yes though may have a cold coming on. More echinacea(!) before bed methinks.

tulpe Mon 14-Sep-09 22:10:25

Yes agree that suspension of Bootcamp is absolute necessity under duress

I didn't do too badly food wise this weekend but I definitely drank too much. Not enough for hangover etc but could still feel the difference having not drank all week.

- Sunscreen - tick
- Walking - 35 minutes of cardio today (including 10 mins running on treadmill )
- Water - not brilliant
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - hope so
- Eat healthily - treated myself to a cookie in Costa coffee....well, the kids were having one
- Be happy - tick! I was ecstatic to be able to run today. I injured my back quite badly a year ago and have been hesitant to run again due to stress it can put on your spine. Finally summoned up the courage today to give it a go and all went well. Always feel fab when I run

tulpe Mon 14-Sep-09 22:10:48

BTW, hope you both feel better soon

winnie09 Tue 15-Sep-09 08:12:18

Hi tulpe & feetheart, oh weekend stress was just a dip after a very busy, sociable & happy time hmm Event approaching could involve's x and his new partner and I just need to feel fab about myself to face it (don't want x, she is welcome to him - but ... need to feel super confident iykwim)I am dating, looking for new job and new house so lots going on that needs me to feel good about myself too grin

Yesterday:
sunscreen
no booze
walking moron read 4367 (must try harder blush
water ok
body cream, hand cream
go to bed early
eat healthily
be happy ... definitely happier

tulpe Tue 15-Sep-09 18:23:05

Just filling this in now as I have a meeting this evening and no time later.

Sunscreen - tick
No booze - tick
walking - not loads but did do "legs, bums & tums" today (which was a killer!!)
body cream - tick
handcream - tick
go to bed early - will definitely be a tick. Am knackered now!
eat healthily - tick
be happy - tick: have had a very productive day

winnie09 Tue 15-Sep-09 22:03:54

I am sure that I added something to this thread at lunchtime hmm

Well, it said well done tulpe on the running And hope feetheart that your cold has come to nothing

I am exhausted tonight so am off to bed with my book in a minute. I have had a long day at work today and like you tulpe had an evening meeting to attend (which is rubbish). Got home and completed an on line application for a job I'd like (deadline tomorrow)! So my Tuesday night swim went out of the window! Will endeavour to make up for it tomorrow.

Sunscreen - tick
No booze - bottle of sol beer whilst filling in application blush
walking - rubbish
body cream - tick
handcream - tick
go to bed early - will definitely be a tick too
eat healthily - tick
be happy - very productive day personally and professionally so feeling very happy

feetheart Tue 15-Sep-09 22:16:52

Quickie here too as the cold is coming out and I need sleep!

tulpe - well done on run, must be a big relief

grin at beer for form-filling purposes Winnie

- Sunscreen - tick
- Walking - usual school/pre-school runs so nearly 60 mins worth though lots of it at curious 3 yr old pace
- Water - bit better
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - I WILL do it
- Eat healthily - major chocolate fest this morning blush but OK for rest of day
- Be happy - yes inspite of cold. Happy children (so happy mummy), made slight dent in tidying DS's room (as part of HUGE 'I will beat this house into submission' mission!) and collected Nigella's' Domestic Goddess book from library. Have been drooling all evening, if I start cooking from it I will definitely have to up the running

feetheart Tue 15-Sep-09 22:20:14

blush spot deliberate cut and paste there! Should read:

- Eat healthily - tried hard to drink when felt like snacking but cold increasing demand for sweet stuff (that's my excuse anyway )

tulpe Tue 15-Sep-09 23:15:52

oooh Feetheart, I have the Domestic Goddess book. I spend hours reading through it. Can heartily recommend Soots Flap Jacks, Winter Plum Cake and the Gooey Chocolate Stack. The Christmas Cupcakes are divine too. Oh and the brownies are now my signature special for when invited to friends houses for dinner and I offer to make dessert

winnie09 Wed 16-Sep-09 10:43:28

Tulpe, agree: the brownies from How to be... are divine grin & not good bootcamp wise but the recipe makes so many you will have to give lots away ... which will be a random act of kindness and very good for the soul grin

Hope you are feeling better today feetheart

winnie09 Wed 16-Sep-09 21:33:09

Sunscreen - tick
- No or little booze in week - tick (am sit here drinking camomile tea and feeling very virtuous
- Walking - 30 mins + I got up at the crack of dawn and did Rosemary Conleys Salcasize shock
- Water - tick but still not enough
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - am heading there next!
- Eat healthily - tick
- Be happy - tick...
Am feeling very positive again and facing all the cr*p that I've been avoiding over the summer shock

How are you feetheart & tulpe?

feetheart Thu 17-Sep-09 20:34:10

Its a bit spooky, I am renouned for my Nigella brownies too though more as 'thank yous' and for picnics rather than dinner parties, that way I have to share them (and I only make half quantity)
Actually got book for the Brown sauce as we have rhubarb that needs to be used and I'm having a go at preserving. Will have to try other recommendations now as well

Still feeling a bit bleugh and lots of bootcamp has gone out of the window - I need the comfort of chocolate/sweet things to get me through the day when feeling yucky, so

Yesterday:
- Sunscreen - tick
- Walking - only school run today but then lots of walking round s*dding Arndale in search of elusive trainers for DS
- Water - cold's make me thirsty so did OK
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - yes, knackered!
- Eat healthily - big M&S cookie each for DS and I as reward for shopping and
- Be happy - not bad considering yucky cold

Today:
- Sunscreen - forgot again!
- Walking - school and pre-school runs
- Water - OK
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - hope so, still knackered!
- Eat healthily - no, lots of chocolate and HUGE chilli to try and chase cold away
- Be happy - flagging by this evening and need to get ready to go camping tomorrow evening/Sat morning. Also need to make brownies to take with us

winnie09 Thu 17-Sep-09 20:44:50

Feetheart, I am sorry you are still feeling yuk. I hope you feel better soon esp with camping looming shock You have to be good to yourself when feeling poorly that is def a bootcamp rule grin

Oh, and chilli is good for you in my opinion!

Sunscreen - forgot too hmm
- Walking - 20 mins + 40 mins in the swimming pool tonight which was fab (I actually postponed a date to go swimming blush how sad is that? grin
- Water - good
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - intend to
- Eat healthily - Mmm... mainly and within calorie count as dictated by food focus website but when I was having a coffee in Sainsburys this morning I also had a fairtrade (good for the soul ) brownie blush Who put that idea in my head wink It wasn't as nice as Nigella's but I could at least count the calories (291!) but I did enjoy it
- Be happy - Very... very good day at work, swimming and a chocolate brownie; veg from the garden for dinner (which always makes me happy) and now I am going to bed with my book

winnie09 Thu 17-Sep-09 20:50:20

oh, and you may remember I am a bit of a fan of Liz Earle products. I came in from work looking like cr*p (long day bla bla) and used this and I'd highly recommend it. I looked better and felt better too (and no I have no connections to the company at all grin)

winnie09 Sat 19-Sep-09 13:43:42

Friday
Sunscreen - tick
- No or little booze in week - 2 glasses of red (it was friday)
- Walking - Moron says I walked 1.88 km ... can't work out where and know that is rubbish blush
- Water - good
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - yep
- Eat healthily - tick ...
- Be happy - very

feetheart hope you are having fun camping the weather here is lush, hope it's the same where you are (but bet it's cold at night)...

Tulpe, how is it going?

I am off to do some gardening, should be doing the house work but want to make the most of the sunshine (and yes I am wearing sunscreen grin)

feetheart Wed 23-Sep-09 22:42:03

Well we had a wonderful time, great weather and are all a bit sad to be back, especially as the festival is on until Sunday and we are not there any more sad

Was completely rubbish bootcamp-wise (but fully intended to be grin) - sunscreen was intermittant(blush), wine was drunk, very little exercise was taken, was too concerned about night-time wee-ing to drink too much water, spent many late nights in front of bonfire eating marshmallows but was VERY, VERY happy. Roll on May when we can do it all again

Back to reality now:

- Sunscreen - no, am rubbish at remembering
- Walking - school run
- Water - better than it has been!
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - not quite but will go soon
- Eat healthily - not brilliant as made cookies for friends who looked after our kittens and DS doesn't like licking the spoon/bowl (strange child!) so I had to. Also had to taste said cookies (several times blush)
- Be happy - yes, inspite of wanting to be back on a campsite outside Bristol.

feetheart Thu 24-Sep-09 22:08:36

This really will be a quickie as I didn't make it to bed until after midnight due to excessive MNetting blush

- Sunscreen - forgot again!
- Water - not brilliant
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - I will, I will!
- Eat healthily - major chocolate fest today (various possible reasons but greed is probably top of the list blush)
- Be happy - yes, got lots done but still seem to have a big list!

Night night

winnie09 Fri 25-Sep-09 07:32:14

Hi Feetheart

Your description of camping could almost convince me to go (ds is desperate to go camping and evil mother for not taking him ... somehow single parent camping with one child doesn't quite appeal hmm)

Lol at "major chocolate fest today (various possible reasons but greed is probably top of the list )"

My week bootcamping has been up and down but generally ok. Have been doing a lot of swimming and even went for a long and challenging 'trek' on Sunday!However, feel stuck weight wise and need to refocus but figure a longterm, sustainable strategy is always better than unsustainable short term crash dieting.

So, Thursday:
Sunscreen - tick
No or little booze in week - went on date at restaurant so did have one glass of wine (which was very restrained but was very determined not to drink more and show myself up grin)
- Walking - tick but first day without moron for ages hmm but did make myself walk
- Water - ok
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - No! See earlier was out on date
- Eat healthily - very unhealthy: cheese scone for breakfast; organic marmalade and goats cheese tart with tomato salad for lunch and pizza for dinner... cheese overload!!!! No fruit & virtually no veg (although did eat punnet of tomatoes so maybe that was my 5 a day blush!
- Be happy - very

Enjoy the weather

feetheart Fri 25-Sep-09 22:01:23

Hello Winnie, glad its not just me talking to myself grin

I can understand your reluctance about camping but if you could borrow some stuff maybe you could try an overnight trip to some sort of event. Not sure where you are but we had a great time at the Northampton Balloon Festival this year - LOTS going on and camping!
We are now looking for more 'overnighters' as well as our usual long festival trips.

- Sunscreen - no, again angry
- Walking - school run
- Water - not brilliant
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - I did and, unsurprisingly, felt better for it! Will try same tonight as I'm working tomorrow
- Eat healthily - better but not brilliant
- Be happy - yes, love the sunshine and DS is great company.

Have a good w/e

winnie09 Sat 26-Sep-09 10:01:58

Hi Feetheart,

Oh, I know what you mean when you write "ds is great company". My ds (8) is such a delight. We were sat on the sofa last night chatting away about 'feelings'. He was so lovely, so perceptive and articulate, and I felt so humbled... I so hope that the boy he is now remains the man he will become iykwim

As for camping, you are convincing me... (I live in the South West) two hours from the sea and no time at all from the countryside.

Friday:
Sunscreen - tick
- No or little booze in week - bottle of white wine blush hmm
- Walking - not good
- Water - not brilliant
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - tick
- Eat healthily -
- Be happy - Very ... spend my life pinching myself at the moment in the realisation that I have really good friends, a nice social life and the power to change what I want to change... (Was called for an interview for job I don't know whether I want or not but it's so good to be invited for an interview.) My life is filled with possibilities at the moment and it is fab, fab, fab

feetheart Tue 29-Sep-09 22:17:08

Headed to bed rather than post last night so a double dunter tonight!

Winnie - its wonderful hearing anyone sounding so positive about their life but from what I remember of what you have been through its more than wonderful - good on you girl

Wish I'd known last w/e that you were in the SW - we were camping just outside Bristol at a circus festival. I'd have been tempted to drag you out! Sadly we can't go next year as DS will have only just started school but there's always the year after.

Monday:

- Sunscreen - remembered - yippee!
- Water - ok but needs to be better
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - did it!
- Eat healthily - not bad
- Be happy - yes, got various house sorting things done over the w/e (a loooooooooooooong on-going project hmm) and did a bit more today

Today:

- Sunscreen - remembered again (and it was sunny!)
- Water - not good during day but tried to make up for it this evening (which I may regret in the middle of the night!)
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - will try as want to try and get up early for a run tomorrow
- Eat healthily - ok but blew it a bit when I made buns tonight blush
- Be happy - yes, more sunshine, happy children and started learning Sage so I can do admin stuff for DH - made my brain hurt but in a good way

winnie09 Wed 30-Sep-09 16:14:20

feetheart, I will come back to this later. It is a mixed bag to report. A circus festival sounds cool

feetheart Thu 01-Oct-09 22:45:18

Opted for bed rather than posting again last night so another double dose tonight, though hopefully a quick one or I won't be in bed by 10.30!!

Wednesday

- Sunscreen - remembered again
- Walking - school runs but no 'real' run in the end as still not 100% after coldy thing that turned into sinusy thing
- Water - ok-ish
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - 11pm I think
- Eat healthily - not good as friend had coffee morning and made the most AMAZING muffins, had 2 there and 1 for pudding after lovely big roast dinner blush
- Be happy - yes, still sunny, got some housework done (with DS hoovering quite competently, a well trained child ) and then did lots of craft stuff with children whilst cooking dinner - well they did the creative stuff whilst I was enthusiastic with the praise grin

Today

- Sunscreen - forgot (d'oh emoticon needed)
- Walking - school and pre-school runs so about 50-60mins
- Water - ok-ish
- Body cream - tick
- Hand cream - tick
- Go to bed early, by 10.30pm - it will be 11pm again I think
- Eat healthily - much better today though blew it a bit this evening when DH found some Club biscuits in the cupboard
- Be happy - yes, still sunny, got nice comments about my dress, did some more work with DH on accounts stuff and children being lovely to each other and the kittens (though DD did melt down at bedtime but is shattered so not that surprising)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now