Talk

Advanced search

So - how do you apply your eye-shadow?

(11 Posts)
MakemineaGandT Sun 13-Sep-09 23:04:08

I've bought some new eyeshadow in nice autumnal/darker shades but each time I apply it I look as though I need a good night's sleep/have been punched in the face and have a couple of shiners.... grin

How do you achieve a sophisticated sultry look?!

(or should I just stick to the dull but adequate barely-there-make-up look I have been sporting for years....?)

brimfull Sun 13-Sep-09 23:07:55

never apply the colour above the socket line

I use a bobbi brown bone as a base then a neutral brown/taupe shade

and blend blend blend

if I am going out I put a bit of darker shade on the outer corners -difficult to explain

then I use dark brown wet eyeshadow for liner and again blend blend blend

MoreCrackThanHarlem Sun 13-Sep-09 23:09:29

Darkest shade along the upper lash line and flicking up towards the brow bone, lighter shade blended above. For extra sultryness, a sweep of the darker shade along the lower lash line, as if it were eyeliner.
Blended with a brush, et voila.

MakemineaGandT Sun 13-Sep-09 23:09:43

Perhaps I blend blend blend too much. And end up with a mess....!

insprognito Sun 13-Sep-09 23:43:46

There's some really good tutorials on you tube sorry can't remember the exact one i'm thinking of but shouldn't be too hard to find.

happilyeverafter Mon 14-Sep-09 01:08:06

Smear it on and smudge it in with my fingers.

ZacharyQuack Mon 14-Sep-09 03:05:16

Light colour (Bobbi Brown Bone is good) from lashline to crease. Medium tone in outer 2/3 of crease (don't blend it right down to lash-line or up to brow), thin dark line (pencil or dark shadow on narrow wet brush) on lash line. Blend gently, use good brushes.

I don't do much under the lower lashes, as it makes me look tired.

ZacharyQuack Mon 14-Sep-09 03:05:48

Or do happilyeverafter's method.

AllThreeWays Mon 14-Sep-09 04:09:44

Also. It will depend on your colouring.
I cannot do autumnal tones without looking like I stayed up all night, whereas greys I look fab in.

HecatesTwopenceworth Mon 14-Sep-09 07:11:12

I use brown eyeliner pen (yes, pen not pencil grin it looks like a felt tip! ) then I put a light, creamish whitish colour over the whole eye, then take a dark colour and run it along the bottom, next to my top eyelashes and sweep it out in the lower corner of my eye. then run the dark colour in a little line under my eye, over the eye liner. Then I take a small blusher brush and, basically, sweep most of it off grin. It leaves it nicely blended and not too coloured but has the darker outer edge that I like. then I use lash lengthening mascara.

HecatesTwopenceworth Mon 14-Sep-09 07:17:36

oh. eyeliner pen only on bottom lashes, just outside, not inside the eyelash, erm, line, iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now