Talk

Advanced search

So ... the tunics etc over jeans ok for a larger bottom half?

(4 Posts)
wangle99 Sun 13-Sep-09 19:43:16

I am a 16 on the bottom and a 14 on the top. Have got one pair of jeans I like and would like to get something tuniclike or along those lines but worried people will think I'm pregnant.

Are they a bit of no no for anyone over a size 12?

Usually live in a long denim skirt and tshirts, god it really has to change!

Any advice greatfully received!

purplepeony Sun 13-Sep-09 19:54:39

Personally, I'd say go carefully!
A tunic may emphasise the very bits you want to hide and just make you look "square".

Maybe you would be better off with a layering look- a long fitted T shirt, ( just reaching your hips) with a cropped or shorter cardi over, or even a T shirt/top with a "boyfriend" length cardi, which you can leave open, so it won't cling to your bum?

If you want to disguise your bum, then draw attention to your top half using cropped or tied cardis, beads, scarves etc, a good hair cut and a bit of slap, and wear dark fitted jeans.

wangle99 Sun 13-Sep-09 19:57:31

Thank you! I really don't have a clue therefore any advice gratefully received. Definately want to draw attention away from bum/hips/stomach so will follow your ideas and go for that!

purplepeony Sun 13-Sep-09 19:59:49

Generally, I think that baggy or unfitted, or "disguising style" clothes on anyone who is trying to look slimmer, simply make them look bigger. Especially ankle length, gored skirts.
Far better to go fitted, not too tight though, and make the best of your good bits!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now