Talk

Advanced search

Brora clearance sale - is it worth going?

(24 Posts)
pyjamalama Sun 13-Sep-09 14:17:41

Brora have those clearance sales don't they - there's one in Battersea this week. Has anyone ever been? Is it worth it? I don't want to trek over there and find only things in weird colours and sizes and still waaaay too expensive!

hoxtonchick Sun 13-Sep-09 22:26:36

well i haven't been to one, but am not working on thursday so it's very tempting....

squeaver Sun 13-Sep-09 22:33:12

It is if you don't expect the prices for the really good stuff to be massively slashed. You will get 50% off some stuff but when the original prices were £200 you might not think that's such a great deal.

Having said that I have picked up some nice stuff there - you really have to rummage though. And they're quite good at throwing in the odd item for free if you buy a load of things.

There will, however, be a LOT of blankets. And a LOT of brown jumpers.

pyjamalama Sun 13-Sep-09 22:38:06

Ah. Well I'm sorely in need of a brown jumper so I might go!

Thanks.

squeaver Sun 13-Sep-09 22:39:31

It's hilarious anyway. It's the Sloanes Do Jumble.

hoxtonchick Sun 13-Sep-09 22:44:40

oh, i want to go for the social comedy alone! are there many scarves and/or gloves squeaver? and do they replenish stock on the 2nd day <sample sale veteran>?

aarghhelp Mon 14-Sep-09 04:16:51

I got 2 scarves for DS for £5 each and one for me for £9 at the end of the online Brora clearance sale. Also a little thermal knit cardigan for him for £9, reduced from £35. I thought those were well worth it. I also kept a little cashmere hat for him for £15 reduced from over £30.

I had ordered a little red lambswool sweater (£19 from £45) but I was surprised at how rough the wool felt and thought he wouldn't like wearing it.

I'd have thought the prices would be at least as good as that at a jumbly clearance sale.

squeaver Mon 14-Sep-09 14:01:06

Honestly couldn't give you a guarantee on the scarves/gloves thing, hc.

I've only ever been on a Friday which I think is usually the second day and there's always been plenty of stock then.

Report back please!

LetThemEatCake Wed 16-Sep-09 17:21:47

I'm going to go tomorrow

How will I spot you other MNers?? Too funny to think that I might be elbowing one of you out of the way in the lunge for some wristwarmers grin

pyjamalama Wed 16-Sep-09 21:08:30

I have to work after all (thought I could finish at 12.00 and dash over, but too much on my desk)

I will have to knit my own wristwarmers ...

Good hunting!

dexter73 Wed 16-Sep-09 21:15:58

Couldn't you cut the end off a pair of socks instead pyjamalama? It would be much quicker than knitting a pair!

hoxtonchick Thu 17-Sep-09 13:51:47

i went... quite underwhelmed, didn't buy anything. ah well.

squeaver Thu 17-Sep-09 13:55:36

What? Not even an XXL brown v-neck?

hoxtonchick Thu 17-Sep-09 18:04:33

sorry squeaver! lots of sloanes though, that was satisfying.

LetThemEatCake Thu 17-Sep-09 18:14:58

I was there ... the slightly frazzled, very pregnant looking woman whose son managed to have a complete poo disaster, forcing me to walk him down to Asda dressed just in a nappy and a pair of Thomas the Tank Engine Wellies to re-outfit him. Oh the looks I got!!!

Anyway, when I returned, I bought:

Brown sweater for dh (L, not XXL!!) for £89 instead of £190 or something
Purple long socks for me to slob around house in this winter
Lambswool blanket - £35
Scarf for dh - £15

My friend spent a bundle on dresses & sweaters but I don't feel inspired. was tempted by the legwarmers though, but a bit unnecessary with the socks I bought

LetThemEatCake Thu 17-Sep-09 18:15:17

didn't feel inspired, rather

hoxtonchick Thu 17-Sep-09 20:08:34

didn't spot you LTEC. i was there quite early, it was spookily quiet. i saw the legwarmers too, but they were ££££. am saving my money for upper st with a mn friend tomorrow, hoorah.

LetThemEatCake Thu 17-Sep-09 21:33:42

Well. I was there early too .... 10.30am ... and then in the toilets and down at Asda until after 11.30!! that's how long it took to get the poo disaster sorted!!! I was surprised by how quiet it was too, though.
Upper Street - jealous!! I bought my wedding dress near there ... have a fab shopping trip

Feelingoptimistic Thu 17-Sep-09 22:33:28

LTEC - did you buy it in that shop in Cross Street?

LetThemEatCake Thu 17-Sep-09 22:45:36

Morgan Davies - yes!!!

Feelingoptimistic Thu 17-Sep-09 22:50:40

I always look at the dresses in the window when I walk past ! You must have had a lovely dress. smile

LetThemEatCake Thu 17-Sep-09 23:01:14

I did love it (and got it half price, which helped!!) .. there's a wedding pic on my profile actually smile

Brora Fri 30-Oct-09 14:45:38

Hi Mumsnetters,

I hope you don’t me barging in on your conversation, but I can see that you were discussing Brora recently so just wanted to let you know that we have a Halloween Special on the Brora website at the moment, ending midnight tomorrow, where you can win up to 15% off your online purchase. As it’s ending so soon I wanted to let you know so that you don’t miss out if you are interested.

Full details are available on our website www.brora.co.uk

Good luck if you play our Halloween game and Happy Halloween from Brora! smile

Brora

cherryblossoms Fri 30-Oct-09 14:48:45

Oooh!.

A Bror-netter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now