Talk

Advanced search

what to wear for date ? lift me out of high street gloom please!

(12 Posts)
Rockall Sat 12-Sep-09 19:21:13

please help!

I have a first date tomorrow evening with a very nice chap. BUT my wardrobe consists almost entirely of Gap jeans and Tshirts and M&S linen trousers. I have very little in the way of decent "smart/casual evening tops". I want to look like a put-together, sorted adult rather than a knackered Mum!

I can go shopping tomorrow and would like to get something that is not designer-y IYKWIM but is at least a bit more upmarket than Gap and M&S. local shops include Kew, Whistles, Ghost and a couple of independent boutiques. What sort of thing should I buy? Am pear-shaped short-arse size 12.

thank you

macherie Sat 12-Sep-09 20:46:34

bumping for you smile

CHOOGIRL Sat 12-Sep-09 21:39:55

How old are you? Where are you going on your date?

Rockall Sat 12-Sep-09 21:45:50

i'm 34. we're going out for dinner, he's booking it so I won't know exact venue until tomorrow. if it's posh, I can do posh, I have loads of really dressy things (that I never get to wear any more) but it's the bit in between posh and daytime Mum that I haven't cracked. also now it's dinner I'm thinking jeans, even good ones, won't cut it. bugger.

though grin about being taken out for dinner by nice man!

CHOOGIRL Sat 12-Sep-09 22:07:01

this leggings and heels?

Rockall Sat 12-Sep-09 22:18:49

you are a genius! not the sort of thing I would even notice - but yes it would be perfect. right, off to Whistles tomorrow.

thank you! smile

LetThemEatCake Sat 12-Sep-09 23:16:35

ooh, lovely choice - yay for Choo.

have a fantastic time!

Rockall Mon 14-Sep-09 13:36:01

quick update - date was fab, dress looked great, felt perfect and gave me lots of confidence - thanks again Choogirl!!

CHOOGIRL Mon 14-Sep-09 17:21:58

Fantastic - was thinking about you last night. Glad it went well.

sweethoney Mon 14-Sep-09 19:20:12

I love stories like this. Hope you have a second date soon

Rockall Wed 16-Sep-09 11:22:04

hey there - second date last night, he is fab. grin keep your fingers crossed for me! think I will have to go on a bit of a spending spree to update the wardrobe and maintain standards!!

macherie Wed 16-Sep-09 11:32:50

Oh, that's great, so good to hear a happy story smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now