Talk

Advanced search

Time to face reality!!

(14 Posts)
bubblegumsupermum Sat 12-Sep-09 12:55:59

Ok here is my story, I have two DC, put weight on gradually due to wine intake grin so anyway my jeans are size 14 I always buy from Next as their jeans have waists that sit at your waist and not your pevic bone wink

My tops have slid up to a size 16 but granted are baggy on me, but a 14 looks like I have been poured into itblush

So I was ironing my bundle of tops the other day and thought fuck oh dear is that really the size of me, my 11year old was pissing herself laughing so hard I thought her face was going to explode!!

So when in life is it time to realise it's time to face up to it and I'm just a fatty??
Or am I normal (please tell me I'm normal) My tops always cover my belly and no arse is ever shown,........normal or face reality??

Over to the experts!! grin

missmelly Sat 12-Sep-09 13:34:34

I'd say size 14/16 is pretty normal
but if it's not normal for you, then you need to face reality

purplepeony Sat 12-Sep-09 14:44:04

You need to work out your BMI- normal range is between 18.5 and 25 but you should nearer the lower figure. (Some tables put lower nromal figure at 19 or 20.)

You also need to measure your waist- over 35 inches and you are at increased risk from heart disease and diabetes.

You could buy yourself some "fat sacales" which measure your muscle mass and your fat- your fat level should be about 25% or less of your body weight to be healthy.

flowerybeanbag Sat 12-Sep-09 14:59:33

How tall are you? size 14-16 could be huge or slim depending on your height.

Also depends on whether you are happy as you are or not.

bubblegumsupermum Sat 12-Sep-09 16:47:05

I am 6ft 3

Its the wine, but I just can't give it up, it keeps me sane!! grin

jasmine1979 Sat 12-Sep-09 17:18:40

I would say that if you are 6ft 3 then a size 14-16 isn't large at all!
If you don't feel right at that size though then maybe look at upping your exercise and cutting back on the wine. Easier said than onethough I know.
I would also teach your 11 year old some manners and respect towards people of all sizes I'm afraid. sorry.

LetThemEatCake Sat 12-Sep-09 17:21:22

maybe you just need to be more toned? 14-16 doesn't sound at all large for one so tall, but exercise can alter your shape, if not your size IYSWIM

SqueezyCheese Sat 12-Sep-09 17:21:27

You sound normal to me smile It is how you feel that counts though, if you are happy then fine.

bubblegumsupermum Sat 12-Sep-09 17:34:46

Jasmine my eleven year old has superb manners thank you, it was all done as a joke between me and her, she would never insult anyone, she has been brought up knowing right from wrong, she is allowed to laugh, and it was in my kitchen where there were only her and me in it. smile

purplepeony Sat 12-Sep-09 18:01:37

Just being a bit of a spoil sport, but is your wine intake a problem? are you exceeding your weekly units allowance?
Purely from a health point of view, if you are having more than a glass or two a night at most, you could be in trouble- latest research shows that breast cancer is linked to alcohol consumption,( and they say that's more than 1 glass a day) albeit when women are older.
Your height and size sound fine, but I'd still suggest you do you BMI and see what that says.

bubblegumsupermum Sat 12-Sep-09 18:06:20

Nah I drink a few glasses through the week, and at the weekend a bit more, that's all I drink alcohol wise, rest of the time it's water by the gallon!!

I have been grounded over the summer, but now DS is at school I can get out and walk a bit more (crosses fingers)

jasmine1979 Sat 12-Sep-09 18:26:47

Hi bubblegumsupermum,
sorry didn't mean to offend you at all. If it was an in joke between the two of you then fair enough. I just thought that from what you said that she be getting skewed ideas of what is fat etc as you are clearly not. sounds like i got the wrong end of the stick though.

bubblegumsupermum Sat 12-Sep-09 18:32:09

No offence taken Jasmine grin I am very very strict when it comes to manners with my two, and often feel proud when people comment on their manners, I myself would never ever judge another person because of their weight either, I just brought this up as it's buggin me, I know the answer is stop drinking wine and get my arse out the door, but at ten o clock at night, when you've been up from six, it's lovley to have a cold glass of wine wink

purplepeony Sat 12-Sep-09 19:17:14

maybe you could try to keep the wine for a weekend only and have something slightly less calorific over the week?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now