Talk

Advanced search

can anyone help? hair straighteners

(9 Posts)
micramummy Sat 12-Sep-09 10:17:42

okay so I have been through a few sets of hair straighteners over the years, I need a good new set and going to get some today.

GHD's are the best I know but I had a set that broke, as did 2 of my friends so not bothering with them. People are raving on about Babyliss pro 230 sraighteners an saying they are as good if not better than GHDs, I looked on the net and there are about 5 sets all babyliss pro 230 so which ones are the good oned????????????? or has anyone any recommendations?

NoahAmin Sat 12-Sep-09 10:18:26

can i also pose this
why do they break
can they be fixed

micramummy Sat 12-Sep-09 10:27:25

my husband thinks its a conspiracy to keep tem in business because they are so popular now, people just go out and buy another pair, like the dysons they break too and people still go back and buy another one lol

NoahAmin Sat 12-Sep-09 12:22:03

there is a repair site that looks good

MichKit Sat 12-Sep-09 12:25:12

Try the wide plate Remingtons instead. I've had mine for three years now, no problems.

Or if you want pricey, you could try T3, friends rave about them.

micramummy Sat 12-Sep-09 15:42:06

okay so I went on some review sites and I went shopping.............most of the ones highly recommended were around £80-100 and I cant afford that. the choice was between a remington and a vidal sasoon set so I have orded the vidal sasoon ones and will update with a review once they arrive for anyone interested lol.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 12-Sep-09 15:47:54

I've got the Babyliss pro 230 ones (or are they poss pro elegance?) and have found them to be great but :

a) I've not used GHDs or any other good brand to compare them with (only some crappy Andrew Collinge ones)

b) I don't go for the "ironed to within an inch of its life" look so if thats the look you're going for I don't know if they'd be good enough.

(the ones I've got are prob about 2 yrs old and came with a bronze pouch/bag with a heat resistant mat. I'll have a look and see which they are and do a link in a mo)

NorbertDentressangle Sat 12-Sep-09 15:52:01

oops sorry X'd posts as I got distracted mid-typing so took ages.

I've just checked mine and they are the Pro230 Elegance -currently less than £30 at Argos!! -got some great reviews too.

If the Vidal Sasoon ones turn out to be rubbish demand your money back and get these instead

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 12-Sep-09 15:54:04

I have some Babyliss ones which are no good to me as my hair is too short.

They are as new as used about 5 times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now