Talk

Advanced search

All Saints vs New Look

(15 Posts)
OhBuggerandArse Fri 11-Sep-09 22:19:02

So, are these boots at £60 actually nearly identical to these ones which are £165? Anyone been into New Look and spotted them? I can't believe you have to pay &105 extra for the privilege of handing over the credit card to a lanky bint wearing assymetric draperies...

brimfull Fri 11-Sep-09 22:20:42

LOL at lanky bint wearing assymetric draperies...

have you tried both on?

both look the same

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 11-Sep-09 22:24:28

All Saints is really expensive.

CybilLiberty Fri 11-Sep-09 22:32:02

I prefer the New Look ones.

Ewe Fri 11-Sep-09 22:34:33

All Saints stuff is very good quality and I think New Look does often look very cheap, especially with shoes IMO.

Don't like either though!

CybilLiberty Fri 11-Sep-09 22:35:12

Are you auditioning for a part in Oliver?

OhBuggerandArse Fri 11-Sep-09 22:43:39

Hah, no, just seem to be channeling my late eighties/early nineties grunge look. Tis probably the autumn approaching, always makes me feel I am going back to school, so I re-imagine the things I wore when I did. Or something.

happilyeverafter Fri 11-Sep-09 22:56:54

They are so similar I would go with the New Look ones.

I have a lot of All Saints, it is great quality and things like classic dresses etc I don't mind paying the extra for but for a pair of fashion boots I wouldn't be paying all that when you can get the same cheaper.

I have bought New Look shoes a couple of times when I've wanted shoes for a particular outfit and they have been nice, and I don't feel bad sending them to the charity shop when I get bored.

noddyholder Fri 11-Sep-09 23:32:57

The all saints ones are a lot nicer have seen both locally and there is no comparison in the quality

tulpe Fri 11-Sep-09 23:41:00

PMSL at Cybil

I don't like them either. Think you need to go and see them in the flesh.

missmelly Sat 12-Sep-09 11:47:20

Dotty Perkins is now doing a range called Saints of Soul, which is basically a ripoff of All Saints

EldonAve Sat 12-Sep-09 11:52:08

what about trying your local army surplus place?

some of the new look shoes are v good, leather lined etc whereas some are all plasticy

NoahAmin Sat 12-Sep-09 12:49:51

all saints is rahter post apocalyptic

Crazycatlady Sat 12-Sep-09 13:01:14

Definitely the All Saints boots. The quality of the leather, stitching and eyelets on the New Look ones is visibly cheap looking. And £165 isn't that much to pay for a pair of boots. They are not so overtly AW09 that you couldn't wear them again in winters to come.

noddyholder Sat 12-Sep-09 13:55:55

All saints had them last year too and they are lovly Won't hugely date as quite plain actually.Agree the new look ones are not quite as good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now