Talk

Advanced search

going to a wedding and having a big, fat, nothing fits day - can I wear this?

(9 Posts)
tinatutor Fri 11-Sep-09 19:14:22

I'm going to a wedding, been all over today and feel like I've tried every dress on in the world and I look horrible in all of them (lol - told you, i'm in one of those moods!)

However, feel really nice in this so i've bought it..

www.coast-stores.com/IRIS-PRINTED-DRESS/Dresses---view-all/coast/fcp-product/2334337589

Now, I'm tall with huge boobs and not fat but massive, chunky legs so it is a teeny bit short. I was considering wearing it with tights and knee high suede wedge boots but is that not dressy enough for a wedding? Can you wear boots for a wedding? I'm just a friend of the groom, not a major invitee!

I could wear opaque tights and heels I suppose but is it ok to wear a mini dress when you've not got nice legs? My husband today referred to my legs as 'well, you might get away with it cos they're not offensive' (hmmm, is that the look I'm going for? lol)

woodenchair Fri 11-Sep-09 19:18:18

I like the dress, but would you consider wearing it as a top with trousers? I wore something similar to a wedding last year, but with trousers and was really comfortable.

Mimi1977 Fri 11-Sep-09 19:19:14

I'd say yes you can defo wear boots. I've worn boots to a wedding before in winter and we are technically in autumn! I'd say the most important thing is for you to feel comfortable.

I love the dress too by the way.

ilove Fri 11-Sep-09 19:19:50

White trousers and heels would look great

traceybath Fri 11-Sep-09 19:20:47

Might be too hot for boots.

How about leggings?

notjustapuppymum Fri 11-Sep-09 19:20:51

Oooh I don't know...I wouldn't wear boots to a wedding personally. I think if you wear thick opaque tights they are usually quite flattering to the legs anyway so I'd go for that option!

Lilyloo Fri 11-Sep-09 19:21:45

or maybe nice black heeled boots rather than suede wedges ?

tinatutor Fri 11-Sep-09 19:39:31

but i'd have to find 'skinny' trousers wouldn't i? I've tried it with normal, dressy, black trousers and it just looks a bit boring, frumpy...hmmm

ThingumyandBob Mon 14-Sep-09 16:07:37

Boots might be a hot for a wedding anytime before November.....

Have you tried Bravissimo??? (sorry my links never work and DD has woken up so I have to dash…)

I got myself into a right state last year as a week before a friend’s wedding I still had no dress, anyway these people make dresses for women with big boobs, you just need to measure yourself choose your dress then phone them and they will help you get your size right.

They are quite good over the tummy area too, I was a bit paranoid as it was my 1st big outing post baby…

My dress turned up on the Friday and I wore it on the Saturday…

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/clothing/dresses-and-skirts/bravissimo/bq07-details. aspx

Link included just in case it works....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now