Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Don't all yawn at once, but dress advice...

(8 Posts)
LadyGlencoraPalliser Fri 11-Sep-09 14:06:23

I'm trying to decide what to spend my £10 Boden voucher on.
I was thinking that with that and 15% off as well I might get a dress - has anyone got the green knitted wrap or the double layer jersey one?
Of course that still makes them £57 or so. Are they worth it?
Or shall I go for a top?

Eve4Walle Fri 11-Sep-09 16:11:04

Double layer jersey one is dire. Forget it if you've even a hint of tummy as that band round the centre just accentuates it. I sent it back!

tassisssss Fri 11-Sep-09 16:13:30

I was looking at these very two just a few minutes ago so will watch with interest. I don't have much of a tummy but there's something about my nips that doesn't tend to work with jersey dresses. Also what's the length like, anyone know?

£57 is a bargain. How did you get the £10 voucher?

Eve4Walle Fri 11-Sep-09 16:15:44

It's about an inch below knee length on me and I am 5ft 5in.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Fri 11-Sep-09 16:19:59

Tassisssss they sent it to me cos I signed up for one of their surveys or sumfink. I forget which one.
I do have a bit of a tummy Eve.
Anyway I have now found out that you can't use the voucher and the 15% discount on the same order. However, the £10 off if you spend £30 code seems to work with the voucher. But the top I like is £29.
Back to the drawing board...

dexter73 Fri 11-Sep-09 16:27:52

I used the 15% off and the £10 survey voucher together and my order went through ok.

tassisssss Fri 11-Sep-09 20:57:49

hmm, i'm 5 foot 11 so i'm guessing that'll be a fair bit above the knee!!

I want a £10 off voucher (stamps foot!)

LadyGlencoraPalliser Tue 15-Sep-09 10:21:00

Dexter, you are right, they did work together after all. I didn't buy the dress though, as I decided that even at the discount £55 was too much, I bought this top in damson which ended up costing me £14 with both discounts. Now speculating frantically about what colour damson actually is and whether ocean might not have been better - can anyone enlighten me?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: