Talk

Advanced search

Help me today pls! Unintentionally waxed off facial skin whilst prep for wedding this Sun..advice needed

(14 Posts)
jbg Fri 11-Sep-09 10:48:16

I regularly wax off facial hair above upper lip, chin & fine fluff hair under cheekbones; ...always happy with result. Last night, however, I managed to wax off skin which now looks angry & red, its about an inch in length just below corner of mouth. The wedding is this Sunday. Obviously, I'll wear concealer at wedding. Can anyone recommend something to make it heal fast? Do you think rosehip oil help?

flier Fri 11-Sep-09 12:35:44

Ouch! honey could help it heal quickly.

Hope you have a lovely day x

MichKit Fri 11-Sep-09 14:27:47

Ouches! Try calamine lotion to calm the area down first before putting anything strong on it.

Mutt Fri 11-Sep-09 14:28:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

brimfull Fri 11-Sep-09 14:29:14

aloe vera helps heal skin quickly

Ouch, lavender oil would be good.

jbg Fri 11-Sep-09 14:51:11

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll go to the chemist after work and see what I can find.

Paxton Fri 11-Sep-09 16:40:58

Was going to say either sudocrem or lavender oil. Good luck and enjoy the wedding!

flier Fri 11-Sep-09 16:48:40

article on the healing properties of honey

Mutt Fri 11-Sep-09 18:02:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Fri 11-Sep-09 18:08:37

agree with aloe vera

Rosa Fri 11-Sep-09 18:17:54

Boots do an after waxing gel its pink and in a tube it is great and really tones down the redness - it is normally nextto teh waxing stuff.

jbg Wed 16-Sep-09 10:15:00

Hi, thanks for all the advice. I ended up using rosehip oil which I have to say is excellent, its hardly visible at all now. Unfortunately, the skin was a bit dry and crumbling at the wedding but no probs really, I wasn't the girl with the big white dress on!
I'm going to keep using the rosehip oil as my night moisturiser until it finishes just to see how my skin reacts to it.
Thanks again.

flier Wed 16-Sep-09 14:27:18

glad it was ok, blush thought it was your wedding though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now