Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Fly London trainers

(16 Posts)
joliejolie Fri 11-Sep-09 09:08:39

I love my two pairs of Fly boots and have been thinking about buying trainers for a while. I returned my purple Uggs, so I do have a bit of money to play with.
What do you all honestly think of these?

I don't worry about having dainty looking feet because that is not really my style. These will just be for the walk to school and running around town.

akhems Fri 11-Sep-09 09:11:32

ooh I like them!

NorbertDentressangle Fri 11-Sep-09 09:17:08

I like them but I think £90 is a bit hefty.

PippiL Fri 11-Sep-09 09:48:20

Oh yes I love those. Might get mucky in bad weather, but if you have the cash, I would splash

joliejolie Fri 11-Sep-09 10:23:24

They are suede, same as my Uggs were, but these seem like they might just be a more durable in crap weather. I'll spray them with rain protect and pray the don't fall apart in the rain.

joliejolie Fri 11-Sep-09 10:32:21

Oh and they are quite a bit less than my Uggs, which I bought with some money that I was given for my birthday.

joliejolie Sat 12-Sep-09 20:24:58

I went for the petrol blue colour in the end.
I am now a Fly London fanatic!!

tattycoram Sat 12-Sep-09 20:47:11

They're lovely

cocolepew Sat 12-Sep-09 20:52:32

jj are you Imelda Marcos? hmmgrin

paddingtonbear1 Sat 12-Sep-09 20:58:33

love them, really funky. Would be tempted if I had the cash!

MaggieVirgoOn Sat 12-Sep-09 23:39:19

nice, but 90 notes for runners! janey mac.

joliejolie Sun 13-Sep-09 11:12:56

I didn't spend that much btw.
I found a really good deal, so it worked out to be £65. Still alot, but not that much!

I also know where the green and white leather ones are going for a good price, if anyone wants them and wears a 7 or over.

joliejolie Sun 13-Sep-09 11:13:32

Added to the above thread....they have a size 6 in green as well.

MaggieVirgoOn Sun 13-Sep-09 11:18:26

did you have problems with the sizing? I ordered some fly shoes a while back in size five, they arrived and I couldn't cram my foot into them. talk about the ugly sister! It was an american five. I sent them back and they refunded my account fine, but I'd left a message giving out about the inaccurate sizing info, and the next time I looked, they'd put up a chart to compare american sizing with gb sizing.

joliejolie Sun 13-Sep-09 11:55:39

I ordered a 7 and I am usually a 6 1/2.
Tried them on in a shop first before I ordered and they fit perfectly.
And I always go by EU sizing in shoes, so I checked it was a 40.

MRSVICTOR Sun 13-Sep-09 12:14:52

I totally love them - how did you get them for £65.00?? I love the petrol blue and feel like a need to treat myself....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: