Talk

Advanced search

winter coats for kids...

(8 Posts)
poorbuthappy Thu 10-Sep-09 20:56:06

I am desperate for 2 winter coats for 9 month old twins...after trawling through a large shopping centre today (next, M&S, John Lewis, Gap, Monsoon) and coming up with nothing...I am now on the web...

So I am looking at the boden web site and when you click on coats for babies you get 4 choices and 2 of those are snowsuits...should there be more?

Can someone confirm this is right?
And can someone suggest anywhere else not too expensive (as buying 2) which I haven't mentioned??

kateecass Thu 10-Sep-09 22:06:35

Are your twins girls/boys..I spent ages looking for coats for my 12mo DD and 3 year DS. Found nice coat for DS in Debs, but was £35 and cheap £16 coat for DD in Mothercare. Mothercare was cheaper than everywhere else I looked!

NorbertDentressangle Thu 10-Sep-09 22:10:43

Vertbaudet?

Not sure what their selection of baby stuff is like but the older childrens thigs are nice.

thisisyesterday Thu 10-Sep-09 22:19:14

the best winter coat i ever had for mine was a polartech one from jojo maman bebe

not too thick, so easy to get them into pushchair/car seat with it on.
but soooooo nice and warm

happilyeverafter Thu 10-Sep-09 22:50:52

I'll second thisisyesterday and say jojo maman bebe polartec stuff is great for babies.

On Boden look at the older girls bit rather than babies, a fair bit of the girls starts at 12-18mths.

DD had a Boden shaggy lined fleece at your twins age it was as thick/warm as a winter coat and washed beautifully. Just looked and these start at 2-3 now, hers was 12-18.

nicolamumof3 Thu 10-Sep-09 22:56:09

agree the jojo polartec is lovely as its lightweight so they are not bundled up like a michelin man can move about the snowsuits are lovely and still v.cosy.

LentilsRMe Thu 10-Sep-09 23:15:26

TK Maxx have masses of winter coats in at the moment

TWISTBalham Thu 15-Oct-09 16:19:17

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now